battery relocation

has anyone done this in their car?? i think its pretty much straight forward… where can you buy the circut breaker? as well does this mean to drive ur car you gotta pop the hood and turn it on?

http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=43583

seems like u have a lot of learning to do… or in another words. A LOT of reading… by judging your last few posts.

you don’t need a circuit breaker/kill switch… if you have one as long as you don’t turn it off u won’t have to turn it on… I think the switch is intended more for racing applications.

that should be posted at the top in technical

Okay, so I admit I LOL’d but it’s not your fault man. Just read up on how it’s done and your good to go. I can tell you right now that you need to run minimum 4 gauge wire to the trunk. Take the power cables off the battery, attach one end of the 4 gauge wire (the 1 you’re running to the trunk) to the power cables you just took off positive terminal. Then ground the negative terminal wire that was just on the battery, to the chassis. Attach the other end of the 4 gauge wire you ran to the trunk, to the positive terminal on the battery. Then ground the negative terminal to the chassis from the trunk. Essentially this is what you have to do without the big write up. Feel free to correct me if im wrong boys and girls…and dont forget to get a battery box, it’s a health hazard if you dont!

personally i wouldnt use anything less than 2 gauge. (just to be safe)

just grab some 2gauge or 1gauge subwoofer wiring from crappytire, walmart…

Remember to make sure ur battery is secure in the back… this should be a no brainer… (but im sure theres ppl who forget)

well its at the top of the FAQ section… or you can bookmark it for quicker reference

audio stores are a good place to get heavy gauge wire