Battery Relocation

I’m not sure if im posting this in the right section but anyways here’s my question, i’m relocating my battery into the trunk and i’ve looked pretty much every where for 2 gauge battery wire. Does anyone know where they sell it by the foot?

It doesn’t need to be 2 gauge, anything that’ll work.

you can use 4 gauge. i bought myne at crappy tire for a entire kit for 99.99.

or if you go to the sounds center and talk to roudy, he might give you some deal. Ive been there many times looking for audio parts. its in ajax close to hardwood and 401. prices are something like 2$ a foot i think or they might sell you some scrap for even cheaper. i got a 20’ piece for $10.

Any audio shop sells the gauges your looking for.
Shit even bestbuy has 2 guage wire lol

whoaw ct sells a relocation kit?

lol sick, thanks a lot guys.

Well not really a relocation kit, but wireing, terminals…etc. Pretty much anything you need to MAKE a reloaction “kit”

ok sweet

Welding supply store, such as princess auto, I think it’s like $1.49/ foot for 1/0 welding cable… can’t go wrong with this stuff. “Car audio” cable is pretty much a rip off since that label seems to turn a few pieces of wire into $140 kit… just my .02 cents

go on Egay and look up battery relocation kit 240sx…

was very satisfied with the product. wires, custom tray, bolts, terminals, everything…

I have OEM wire with terminals, I took it from Audi5000 which had battery in the back. I’m not sure what gauge is it but if it was good enough for Audi it will be fine for 240. Pm me if you are interested.

try not to use audio cable…I am using it as a temp solution now and my car takes 2 seconds to shut off when i turn the key off. This happened directly after the battery was put in the back. Im thinking the wire is holding a charge for a very short period…but on the plus side i get very loud backfires time to time when it shuts off lol.

audio cable is just a label ^^ your problem lies in the gauge… then again the badass backfires could be considered a good thing lol

wires is wires… just get the proper gauge!! 4 gauge is good!!

yea sorry about misleading with relocate kit at crappy can.

i was just saying you can get an amp kit then all you need to do is run the wire and solder the connections on. i personally think a relocate kit is useless. They in include the same stuff. i used the ct method and it works great with no problems.

You just need some way to hold the battery down.

like it was mentioned above, princess auto welding cable.

best option, period.

Wire is not wire. Heard of strand count? Welding cable is very stiff since it has a low strand count and its resistance is higher because of this. solution is to use a bigger welding wire to do the job of a smaller quality high strand count wire such as some of the stereo power wires are. Welding cable can be used theres no doubt but just use 0/1 gauge if your going to go with it.

And please use a breaker/fuse (120-150AMP should do). I cringe when i see that a car doesn’t have one once the battery has been moved. Also, TIE the battery DOWN!!! I can’t believe the number of car that run around with a battery flopping around.

what all do you need to do to relocate the battery/ i know you need the terminals, and the cables, but where abouts does it hook up to?

went to princess auto and bought that welding cable, works perfect thanks.

Crappy tire can order battery relocation kits through KeyStone

theres a place at Dixie and Matheson called AAA Electronics west on matheson about 2-3 driveways on your left… across from a gas station/car wash… they have all types of wire and connectors and terminals and everything and anything your looking for… check them out!