Battery relocation

Alright, so im going to relocate my battery to my trunk. I’ve read diy and shit like that, but Im just wondering where to buy the tray, wire, circuit, and any other shit I need. Ive seen places but they are all american. Im looking for local (within Canada). I hate boarder fees

THANKS

for the wire … i just got 15 feet of 0 gauge wire from a car audio place… and then go to crappy tire and pick up the terminals

I used 2 guage welding wire from PA and a 75 amp circuit breaker within 12" of the postive battery connection. For the most security find a tough hose that fits tightly around the wire and ziptie in around it. It will help prevent any rubbing on the positive wire.

I got a box from summit…worked flawlessly for the past year.

What about for my car to pass safety? Will it pass with it in the trunk? or will I need to put it into the front when I go for it?

I don’t honestly know. You would have to ask about that. I figure if it’s very well secured and installed properly it could possibly pass. I don’t know though.

I can’t see someone saying that it only goes under the hood because Saturn keeps them in the trunk now…

If I could I would look at my 240 and maybe snap some pics for you as a reference guide. Don’t forget to have a fuse as a fail safe. I’m sure you know that, I just never saw it mentioned here, so I figured I’d post a reminder just to be safe.

just a question, do you find 75 amps enough? do it ever trip on you, because starter motors draw around 100-150 amps.

^Not once has it tripped while starting/running.

I thought that starters pulled that too. Since it never opened I thought that the breaker was a dead one so I tested it by shorted it out and it indeed works.

I might bump it up to 125 amp this year, but since 75 works I don’t know.

performance improvements has a whole kit and its nhra approved comes with battery box wires hold down some random brackets and i think it was like 100 bucks

Ok, so list of things I need

• roughly 15 ft of 2 gauge wire
  • 3-4 ft of negitive wire (not sure the size, anybody?)
  • battery tray
  • Not sure what size fuse I need, nowhere has been able to tell me
  • and a circuit breaker.

What am I missing?

http://www.racepartsdirect.com/images/G1200A.jpg

thats the kit like summit racing has, but they dont come with any amps.

Whoops…my bad.

I just went and had a look for what I used.

It’s a 150 amp circuit breaker, NOT 75.

I don’t where I was getting 75 from. :mad:

Used the same wire for your ground as the positive does.

There is no need for a fuse if you have a good quality circuit breaker.

Some might be calling a cut-off switch a circuit breaker which it is but not in the sense in which you need here.

The circuit breaker I’m speaking of is a resettable fuse in a sense.

technically you should have either;

-a vented outside the cabin battery box

• or a sealed battery…

as well as the other mentioned stuff… and a battery tiedown//

you should use the same gauge wires for both terminals . also get a marine battery box 20-40 bucks from auto supply stores

if your not using a sealed battery, make a sealed box that vents outside, or even better get a redtop of a sealed agm battery. with the gases and being enclosed in a interior, you might have a smoke or something and boom up you go.

edit just read above post oops.