Relocating Battery?

Hey how can i re locate my battery to the trunk ? is this possible to do myself?

Well you can do a couple things:

Buy a battery relocation kit from something like Summit Racing or
eBay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46098&item=2436663829

All that’s in the kit is like 20ft of power wire, 3ft negative wire , and the
required pieces to hold the battery steady in the trunk.
This will run you about $100CDN+ depending on where you buy it from.

Or you can just buy the pieces separately and build/relocate on your own.
I dunno about this and regulations with different race organizations (IHRA,
NHRA, etc.). As well you may need an external cut-off switch if you want
to compete in the above stated organizations (you’ll have to read their
rules/regulations to know if its needed).

I would personally spend the extra bucks on a professional kit since it’ll
require less work to cut/crimp the cables and whatnot.

Very possible
go to CT, buy the battery box, it comes with straps (mine didn’t, but should), buy a few terminal adapters, buy 20ft and 3 ft cables (u can buy the 3ft cable there, the 20ft cable i had to buy at Future Shop (had to get it done quick that’s why it cost me much more than usual)

I bolted the box down to the wooden piece in the trunk, with big washers, seems to hold amazing, no problems with it yet. Just make sure you drill a hole in your box, about 1/2", just because it produces some gasses that need to come out of the box (if it’s not vented already)

Where do you vent the gasses?

Just into the trunk?

haha, ya

now i don’t know much about chemistry, i’m more of a business kinda guy, but anyway, i believe it produces hydrogen gas, so you just need to vent it into your trunk, as long as it’s not near the battery basically

i don’t want to be flamed for my lack of knowledge in Chemistry, but that’s what i was told.

get an Optima, im pretty sure they do not release any gases.

Hm… maybe the hydrogen would mix with oxygen and you’d just get water? lol… logically it makes sence, but i bet there is some chemistry reason about why it would never happen… it always works that way, they tell you all the basics and then spend the rest of your life telling you about exceptions… :roll:

So true Sasha, and its up to you to find out why there are the exceptions.

Ayways, something like this would be nice…

This professional quality battery relocation kit comes complete with a battery box, bulkhead connectors, heavy duty connectors and heavy guage cables.

But this would be nicer, but not as sturdy?

Is there an issue with the battery being so far away from the starter,
thus causing starting issues sometimes (like in cold weather)?

Maybe I read this somewhere, or I’m imaginaing things.

It shouldn’t make a difference as long as the connection is good.