WTB battery relocation kit

looking to relocate the battery in the jetta to the trunk, looking for a box and cables. anyone have one or know someplace local that has them?

srsly. goto walmart get a battery box
goto homedepo and get wire. its that easy.

Don’t listen to him, lol.

Get a battery box that will bolt down to your trunk and then get a good quality amp power kit. I’m running this 1/0 gauge kit Kicker

yea I want a plastic box that i can bolt down, I wanna do it nice and clean, no mickymouse cobb ass stuff

do i need an amp kit or whatnot, or can i just run normal battery cables?

ya srsly was a joke. i was waiting for someone to bash that. :lol

Jegs also have some good kits!

Pepboys has plastic battery boxes. All you need is a 1000+ Watt amp kit and battery terminals

i just need a battery box, but the bungee cords are doin it big for me, all my wires are legit and shit.

fyi. teh boxes at walmart for 6.97 and the ones at peopboys/advance are the same.

The boxes at Walmart snap together. They aren’t that great.

The boxes at Advance Auto have a strap that also sucks (that’s the kind I have).

Save yourself a trunk full of battery acid and get one that bolts down. Whether it’s plastic or metal it doesn’t really matter. And don’t get a cheap amp power kit because the wire might not be the correct gauge.

why are you doing this? youll need a cut off switch too, unless you like being illlegitimate about things… get the kits from Summit racing, or find a BMW in the junk yard and rip out there wiring. older 3 series had a nice trunk setup

Battery relocation kit=buy E36 M3

/thread

snap and come with 2 straps. i know. thats where i got mine til i wanna get a aluminum one

Unless engine space is really crammed why bother?

When I had my CRX, I went out and bought a marine battery box from that place in Latham Farms plaza. I can’t think of the name of the place at the moment, but it was a decent box.

west marine.

:thumb

:nod

better weight distribution, with the vr6 I need to get as much weight off the front end as I can, plus it cleans up the bay a lot.

i got mine from jvg. it was suppose to go into his 240 but he sold it to me, he can order another one. it gives you everything you need. or just be like the guy that built my car and use the wires as the tie down, its real safe.

Indeed. :nod