Midsize Suv opinions: Xterra vs. Santa Fe

My friend is looking into getting a mid-size suv, she will probably get something from 2000-2004. I was just curious as to your thoughts on the Nissan Xterra (2002-2004) and the Hyundai Santa Fe. I know its an Suv so the gas mileage wont be great on either but i looked and saw most of them are around 17 city 22 highway. I was just curious as to your thoughts on these vehicles. If you can recommend something else let me know, she does want an Suv though and probably will spend around $10k. Thanks

If she can swing a 2005 Xterra then that’s the way to go. It was the new body style that got a little bigger with a VQ40 instead of the suck ass supercharged 200hp VQ33 or whichever 4 banger they put in there.

Otherwise they’re both pretty solid. Try and drive both. The Sante Fe is going to be rather car-like whereas the Xterra will drive like a truck.

whoaaa whoaaa whoaa, fry, please, no trash talking my truck. And not all the 2000-2004 are supercharged, mine is NA V6.

Its not a bad truck for what it is, dead reliable, great in the snow, roof rack and tons of interior space, etc…

ITS JUST SLOW

ITS JUST A TRUCK

trucks can be fast.

fast trucks are fun