Pathfinder or Xtera

So I am thinking about buying a 2000ish Pathfinder or Xtera.

Anyone have any opinions on which is better and why (assume the same purchase price)?

Xterra is frame and body and pathfinder is unibody so i would go for the Xterra. However if the Pathfinder is a 3.5 then i would go for that because the 3.3 in the Xterra is a drag.

How much of a drag? I am thinking about the fuel so a smaller engine makes sense (I know, I shouldn’t be so concerned if I am thinking about either of these two vehicles but…). Isn’t the xterra a bit lighter?

Advantages and disadvantages of unibody vs frame? I am assuming the unibody is going to be more carlike? Correct? Is that a disadvantage?

Any thoughts on the supercharged xterra?

i know two people with the supercharged xterra’s…both are in the midst of trying to sell them, nice vehicles and all but i guess they are so incredibly horrible on gas

We have a member here “Silverbullet” who has a Supercharged Xterra and it does not get good gas mileage at all. I like the Pathfinders but what are you getting more? If you want better MPG then maybe a QR25DE X-Trail. Lol

i heard the seats in the first gen xterra are not very comfortable.

the fuel economy on the 2000 - 2003 X-terra’s were one of the worst, a 3.3L engine pulling a relatively heavy body was one of it’s biggest drawbacks. I have customers come in who have had the previous generation X-terras and they were getting killed on the fuel economy. I would say go for the Pathfinder if fuel economy is an issue, it’s a hint more reliable than the X-terra and a little more comfortable.

Xterra is an entry level SUV get the Pathfinder.

Pathfinder it is. I have one now and I really enjoy it but I thought I would ask about the xterra as I really hadn’t thought about it much before.

Now all I have to do is find the right trim level in 4WD. I am going to buy it in Phoenix or that area-ish and bring it up. They are far, far cheaper there even when one adds in the travel, duty, etc., as compared to here.

I just baught a 2002 pathfinder LE about 3 days ago and i love it…very nice ride i think…its a solid suv and pretty sporty aswell…I think you made a good choice haha i looked at Xterras aswell but didnt really like them much at all. Enjoy the new ride man!

01-04 pathfinder with 3.5 all the way, power and economy. VG33E and ER are both dependable slugs.

I have one I’m selling pretty damn soon…2001 XE 4x4 110 000 kms