My 9 Second Formula Build *DIAF 56k

Money in the bank…slow car in the driveway…

I like my 30k in the bank not sitting on a trailer…

Just personal preference

:slight_smile:

Some day I will take the plunge but right now other priority’s…

yea some of us are golden with money in the bank and a fast car

when ur shit breaks again, dont call me for my trailer.

go get some coffee you bitch

i aint got 30k in to my car but it runs 9.20s what your junk running

OMG PLEASE DONT RUIN A POSSIBLE GOOD NYSPEED BUILD THREAD!!!

I wasn’t insulting you…No need to get defensive…That was my reasoning for not loading money into my car…

Thats fine AAA+ FTW…All though I might just by a Trailblazer to tow if all goes as planned this year…

If either member of bighands racing cares to have this debate feel free to PM me.

Thanks

:slight_smile:

i did 1.5 60’s before. now i just gotta re adjust and get into 1.3’s 1.4’s

i just want to run 9’;s thats all honestly.if i wanted to 100% go 7’s and 8’s id build a track only car. and plus this will be a daily drive #2 also. but i always improve my shit. and im at the track every year like 2 times a week. so ill have to play around with it. and with the tires. ill play around with diff sizes. im gonna modify and repaint my bumper so i have more clearence.

i can do a 29’’ tire if i want to . but ill never run a 30.

never! chodas my homie and > then me for now :shrug:

and :tup: to 9.20s mark i havnt seen or talked to you in along time, sounds like shes runnin strong still

Sounds good

A 4L80 could be used for the od cruisen on the street, but u can’t count the od gearing towards a WOT 1/4 mi pass, the od gear can’t handle that kind of power.

Ur right on w/ the 1.3 60’s & 145 to 150+ mph to get into the 8’s. I,m doin 1.38, 1.39 60’s to go 9.7s to 9.9s @ 138 to 140 mph in a 3600lb car.

god. is this thread turns into a ’ i still got a faster car etc’

im going to build a track car to run 7’s just to have the fastest car. :lol:i have the funds to do it’

choda,bighands. will prolly be faster then my formula. if i was building a car to beat them both i would. i know what they run and im sure JT/choda will be low/mid 9’s next year as i know him well enough.

im just building this as i ran 10’s on stock motor. and now i just want to run 9;s

im going to prolly just rock out a 408. with the bottle. thats all.

keep in mind. only 700 or so hp in a rwd car that will hook and only will be sub 2700lbs should booogie…

All of the calculations were done without including 4th gear(OD) lol im not new for christ sake. The numbers will only be correct given a 100% locked verter as formula stated so shave off a few mph and thats what you will be able to do. I wish i could get my 60fts in the 1.3’s. Im trying to go into the 9’s next season stock motor and 6-sp so far ive gone 10.5s on a 1.5 60ft. My trap id enough to get me there but i am still going up 50hp on the jets to help. I added a full coiliover suspension up front before i deployed and am switching from a 27in QTP to 28in slick. I hope that will be enough to get me those 5 tenths i want so bad.

gl gettin an f-body under 3000lbs:lol:

If all else fails we can all compare bank accounts, cock size, how many bitches we have nailed, house, then have a fight to the death. Then we will really know who rules NYSPEED. LOL please nobody take this serious.

Mines 3030 with 16 inch rims/tire…stock kmember…stock aarms…heat…radio…stock hood…It can be done.

I think 1 of my 16s weighs as much as the whole set of rims/tires on Chokos car now.

I have no doubts Chokos car will be 2800lbs all day…If not less…

It’s actually not THAT hard to do, if you are willing to sacrifice some safety related items. No point in needing 18lbs worth of door bars, when you are getting a rollcage, etc.You only need to spend money on a few key items to replace stock stuff (k-member, wheels, brakes). Dan, you need to hit up LS1tech. There are tons of threads dedicated to weight loss. Most is geared towards 4th gens, but some 3rd gen stuff applies. 700hp in a 3000lb f-bod will drag the bumper for a few hundred feet.

QFT

i left all my saftey shit in. and am leaving it in.
also my car will not look like a gutted POS.
like some of the botched up cars ive seen.

also. non saftey bolts/nuts

im going from grade 5 steel to grade 8 billet etc.

little things add up.

my car at less 2800 with a full chromoly cage will be easy. cause its already there :wink:

:lol: