Time To Hang Up The Speed Keys

I put some more bottle in her. I ended up stoping because the car wasnt gaining anything with more Nitrous/fuel. I did get a new best, but not what i wanted.

60’ - 1.44
1/8 - 6.4 @ 108
1/4 - 10.0 @ 134

I blew a head gasket the 3rd qualifier. I spilled out my over flow bottle. Cooled it down before the finals, pushed the car up to the burnout box, did my thing, and ran the finals. I won in finals. That was my 10.0 run. the rest were 10.1. The car only got to 201-203* after my run and driving back to the pits. There was no coolant in the oil, i think it just lifted the head a little bit. so…

After 3 hard years (alot of miles, cheap/low budget rebuild, way to many bottles) the motor finally showed sign of weakness. this isnt a huge deal or whatever, everyone along with myself are extremely suprised how good my combo has been.

story time

I built the car 3 years ago, the day i started it about 7:30 am, that morning i put it on the road, went to work, got out of work and went to lancaster. The whole car had 12 miles on it before ripping it down the 1/8. it went 7.6 all night. motor, tranny, rear, wiring, fuel… EVERYTHING
the motto was “fuck it, i built it to run, lets run it”

this was a very simple and practical car. still had 16" wheels all around with 255 front and 275 rear tires, mech fan, power steering, … everything.

at the end of the year i put a 100 shot and went 11.0 four outta five times ar NYI. i was very happy with what it ran. for what it was. again stock internal 351 from 1974 CAST PISTIONS, stock rods, stock crank, good heads, off the shelf cam (mech flat tappet), vic jr, 750 dd holley. this was in a completly stock suspension car (no springs, no k member, no struts, no control arms…NOTHING)

that winter i pulled the power steering, put skinnies on, ele fan, bigger better tire out back. anti sway bar, went up to a 150 shot. car went 10.5 all day poping the fronts up. that summer it was killer on the street cause i could leave on the bottle from a light and just scream down the road.

then went with the 2 stage, less weight ( 3000 lb w/out me), full suspension front and back. and ended up with a 10.0.

I havent touched the motor, but check lash, since i built it 3 years ago. i beat the shit outta it and she held her own. The car ran a best of 7.2 last year in the 1/8. this year it only did a 7.4 and lost 4 mph. the motor was getting tired and didnt perform like it used to.

So its comming out, everything is ready to pull, i need to get my cherrypicker and stand back, prolly tues itll be outta the car. im not sure if i wanna go to the bank and build a real motor (400+ cubes, big heads, big intake, bigger carb, glide). or just do the simple re build ( pistion rings, bearings, re clutch tranny, prolly spool out back ).

I ended up winning every final race in the moms events. I was in 1st place since the begining, but my good buddy BIG HANDS out quailfies me because he has a faster car every event and that was enough points to pull the lead. kinda sucks.

i got a trophy for fastest dot car.

Good year, i kept my license, didnt get hurt, didnt crash…

till next year http://www.streettuned.org/forum/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

:tup:

Now build a “good” motor :wink:

:tup::tup::tup::tup::tup:

don’t waste any money on more motor than you can put to the ground. You could go big inches then tone the spray back for traction. Sounds like you are doing really well as is though.

wow, good job choda. Im realy impressed. Im gunna turn up the boost and shoot for a low 11 high 10sec pass in the bimmer if you wanna go. Im not sure when ill go, but before the end of the season for sure.

just so everyone knows, choda played a important roll in helping me get my car to where it is today.:tup:

choda for president.lol

I was scared thought u where hanging it up for good well cant wait to see you out next year no matter what it is. And i will also be looking for a high 10sec. pass along with turbociv so u can come hang out with both of us lol.

LS1

Thats one fast fox

holy balls

awesome JT… never knew it was an all stock internal motor… thats impressive :tup:

Sounds like a good run! In my experiences of watching friends reach that point of ‘going big’ it ususally means 2-3 years of having the car off the road due to budget, waiting on parts, changing their combo, etc. My $.02…rebuild what you have, maybe a few small upgrades but keep the general combo the same and shoot for 9’s next year:pimp:

that was a nice read. good luck on your build

great stuff dude :tup:

JT that car is the king of low budget builds. Rebuild it with some forged pistons, and spray into the 9’s. Whatever you end up doing, just don’t take it off the road. Just know that I’m coming after you next year, better ante up lol.

Great story man. Keep it up. :tup:

:tspry:

too bad you couldnt crack 9’s
so so close

awesome times though!

onwards and upwards!!

Sweet to bad you barley drive it on the street…

nice job bro!

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:18,topic:36346"”]

Sweet to bad you barley drive it on the street…

[/quote]

:lol:
Why would you drive a race car on the street? You’d get beat by stock SBCs from a roll…