New Engine Design with Major Potential

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8507662210221625210

thats freakin sweet

cliffs? i can’t watch vids at work.

Very cool.

“It’s got a HEMI!”

Incredible.
Great thread.
Furture headline - OPEC buys rights to engine design for $10 billion.

wow, impressive engineering right there.

for dan: its a radical new design for an engine. its meant to be ran on hydrogen but can be run on gasoline if needed. its pretty much as simple / efficient as you can get, while producing a lot of power. pretty sweet stuff

wow

I wonder if that will ever hit production.

maybe I missed it but what lubes the cylinders? any vid of it running?

i dont buy it… sorry

the only thing i have trouble with is the adiabatic part… the mechanics of it seem sound…

8 Cyl FTW, 300HP 900LbFt Tq.

that’s what i was thinking when i first saw it.

how exactly is that possible? there is still combustion happening. what kind of material are the cylinders made out of?

After seeing this video I did a google search and came across this link:

In the comments on that page are this:

“Unfortunately the engine no longer exists in free hands and is no doubt ensconced in some black lab being carefully dissected for its secrets. This is a very discouraging story, but it needs to be told. Mel Larson died about a year ago now. In his last days he was quite ill and was in the hospital. One night someone or some corporation’s henchmen broke into Mel’s workshop and with hoists and a truck stole his prototype engine and other equipment. This was a man’s lifework and it was callously ripped from him, as he lay seriously ill. No doubt this was the final straw in the life of the very talented inventor and engineer. He was no doubt devastated by the loss because he died a few days after the burglary. May those SOB’s get their just cosmic reward one day. Mel, we will carry on your work despite this sordid insult to your legacy.”

Don’t know how true that comment is…just thought I would share.

wow…

OPEC would do that…no doubt

I guess I under-estimated OPEC.
Why buy the idea when you can just take it?:snky:
What was he ill from?:snky:

interesting video, i wish they showed the engine running however.