new hard drive

I need to upgrade my hard drive as my current one is running shitty and slow (was gonna upgrade it when I bought my new parts a few months back but didnt have enough cash). I have a storage drive which runs fine so I just need a smaller drive (probably 80 gigs or so) for the OS drive. Any suggestions? I dont have a ton of cash but want as fast of a hard drive as I can get. probably 80-100 tops.

Search www.fatwallet.com Forums

if tis only for your OS, get like a 20 gig. no need for the extra room.

I have a 20 gig partation for my OS, and the other 180 gigs for storage for everything else

I want it a little larger so I can also install my games on the faster hard drive… =p

raptor far best drive out there for OS.

but they are alot of money.

check newegg.com, cheap drives there, make sure its sata and 7200 rpm, you will be happy.

also its not going to be as fast if u put games on it along with the OS, too much swapping going on.

If you’re gonna buy raptor fuck 7200rpm, 10000rpm FTW.

raptors only come in 10k rpm

i have one its supreme… load times are cut in half well worth the money

and only 10k like buickgn said

benji86 do you have an onboard sata card?

yes, i upgraded my motherboard, video card and cpu about 2-3 months ago.

best buy has like a 160 for $70

good god if you have SATA use it, Im still pissed that I never did.

Course when i built the machine SATA was as much as scsi

I have a 500GB SATA II drive with 16mb cache for $200. Its brand new in the box, still shrink wrapped, if you’re interested. I was gonna use it, but decided my 1TB of storage was enough already.

yea word i have 800gb… and i have 500+ free… I can;t find anything i care enough about to put on there

If only I had 200 bucks =(

I only just upgraded my comp a few motnhs ago… Didnt have the money for a hard drive so I just slapped my old one in. hence why I am wanting to upgrade now that I finalyl got a little bit of money :wink:

i’ve got a 160gb i’d be willing to sell ya…

70 bucks i’ll toss it in your computer… and do all the needed extra sata bullshit

unless you live in like NYC then I’d suggest just buying one off newegg…

or just forget about it… and get this 320gb for 94

how does this one look?

lol what extra needed sata bullshit?

shhhhh… i’m assuming he is using IDE… there is a setting or two in the bios :slight_smile: LET ME MAKE MY DAMN MONEY!!! I really don’t have the need for this drive so let me get rid of it!