Newbies with Liter bikes.

http://www.bmwcyclesdaytona.com/ebayimages/1S1000RRMH/1.jpg

My first bike… my dad picked it up for me today. I’m going to attempt to beat Vlad’s speed record tomorrow around 5pm going southbound on the northbound side of the Northway!

Sully I’m gonna miss you.

Can I have the VR4? Wait, I dont want that thing, nvrmnd :lol

Seriously want one of these!

:rofl, I hate you all.

I will be sure to buy a liter bike for my first

ive riden a 600. i did 80mph one time, didnt crash it. it was fun

Nicks bike gets around

Yeah the R6 is a dirty whore lol

it was on matts 600. both of nicks R6’s i think i only got up to about 50. no jacket = no speed for me.

Vlad you of all people should understand that sport bikes these days 600, 750 or 1000+ aren’t any safer then the other, even 600’s these days make unneeded amounts of power for casual riding. It all comes down to one thing…THROTTLE CONTROL. You either have it or you don’t and like Cossey said, let natural selection take its course.

I do agree with vlad…i’m really glad i didnt start on a big newer bike. I did a year on my late model ex-500, learned a lesson the hard way (dont trust old bitches in a prius not to pull out in front of you)

now i’m comfortable on a little newer gsxr 750 thanks to greg:thumbup

Course he also advises AGAINST a supoer sport of any size for a starter bike but really people are going to get what they want to get and at the end of the day most people wont die on because they started on one.

Of course it is beneficial to start on a smaller bike, its easier to learn how to position your body, how and where to brake or get on the throttle and many other things but most people really don’t care about those things and will never go to a trackday.

+1

So you’re saying I might as well get a Busa then?

10sec bike is WAY safer then a 9sec bike…

I dont know what the big deal is. Im working out a deal for a turbo busa as this thread plays out. Go big or go home

No get a bike that you feel comfortable on. Like riding position, I personally don’t believe in getting a Busa unless it was a dedicated 1/4 mile bike. And I know you better then that! You like turns, and well I wouldn’t recommend such a large bike (frame and body not motor) for someone who doesn’t have riding experience.

who is vlad to judge how and what people ride anyway. hes been down like 56 times.

might as well take it slow and learn on the bike you intend on buying one day anyway, because each bike is different so either way you will have to relearn or alter what you learned on a smaller machine when you step up anyway. i know someone who got an R1 for his first bike. and still has it to this day, the bike has over 60k on it and hes still kicking. all the precaution will only take you so far. it comes down to fate. if youre gonna go down and die, you will do it on a ninja 250 or a ZX-14. you cant control that fact.

He was being sarcastic.