NYSpeed / OSYN Track Days 2008 [Next Day: Sept 13th] *NEW: Track Timing System!*

1. Buffalo crowd meeting at Tony Walker again… like 10am?

2. Is there going to be a driver meaning? As in the flagging, and the process of it to keep it safe. I have a solid idea on everything, I have just not participated yet. I would hate to screw something up

Dan, there is tech and driver’s meeting every event.

Those of you who havent done a fresh brake flush this season I HIGHLY recommend ATE Superblue and Hawk HPS pads at a MINIMUM. I get both from Mike @ Innovative.

No one allows SUV’s out, anywhere, except for Cayennes with PCA. It’s a standard rule, I hate to be a dick but if you want to get on track, get a car.

I expected it, I was just hoping they were being more relaxed about it since theyre easy on so much other stuff. I mean, the thing did turn an 8:43 at nurburgring stock and all…god forbid dunville would let me run it

I assumed this much… I was just wondering what the best time to show up to make this… be there at noon? 11:30…

For the first time I’m going to disagree/correct MPD. Please do not get HPS pads, and take them to the track. HP+ minimum.

and hence what worries me…

I am all for changing out my pads and fluids…but is it worth it at this point?

Any chance I could get away with a shorter day on stock pads at least?

On a track like Dunnville, if the car isn’t heavy, Axxis Ultimates are probably the bare bare minimum. But they will most likely ruin your rotors after one or two days. But if you’re too cheap to buy Ferodos, or HP+ they’re fine.

Edit: What do you drive OfficerK?

MazdaSpeed3…

I don’t mind ruining my rotors/pads either and replacing them after…

Short notice/timing to change them before the event, thats why I ask

I’ll be there too.

Hopefully the short throw shifter will be in… :banghead:

I don’t know the stock brakes on the MS3. I know people have been fine on stock Brembo stuff at Dunnville. :shrug:

haha alright…well hopefully we will find out Saturday. Even if I can make it I know I will be taking it fairly easy.

new to tracking + new-ish car = me erring on the side of cautious

For a first timer, HPS pads would probably suffice just fine. They are the BARE MINIMUM, as Mike said, that I would recommend, but there is nothing wrong with them as long as you are aware that they aren’t track pads and beat on them for 6 hours straight. If you are buying new pads for this, go HP+, but if you already have HPS’ and don’t plan on doing this often, then you’ll be fine.

The fluids, however, are almost non negotiable if you want to drive without incident.

and sorry if I missed it, but what time is the drivers meeting?

Brakes are like anything, ask 20 people, and you’ll get at least 17 opinions. I used HPS pads with the 2 pc front rotors, and stock Brembo calipers on crappy street tires at WGI. At the end of my warmup lap with this setup, coming down the front straight, they cooked. They didn’t get hot enough (or transfer enough heat) to boil the fluid, but I had to stand on the pedal to get them to stop the car. That’s one stop from ~110 down to ~35-40.

I hadn’t even gotten up to racing speed! Maybe my experience was unique somehow, but in my opinion it’s hard to have too much braking power. Also, there may be people with smaller, or lighter cars that have had no problems.

Sorry guys, I’m done going off topic, feel free to PM me if you want more of my opinions on brakes :lol:

I am pumped for Sat. It’ll be my first time recording data! YEA!

I will have a a PerformanceBox (besides the one I’m using) available on Sat. $30 gets it for the whole day + a 1GB memory card to keep to save your data to. Shoot me a PM if interested.

I’m at another track in Ontario on the 12th :wink: Have fun everyone!!

my coupe is ready… new motor started up today… i drove it to SG in Toronto to get it street tuned after midnight tonight… running better than any SR i’ve ever owned other than the Kouki i just bought i suppose… but this one is way faster…

weeee

New to the forum, signed up when I heard about this track day! I will be rolling in around 1pm-2pm. Great price, helps cut the cost on the trailer :slight_smile: Look for me in a Black Nissan GTIR. As for brakes etc don’t worry about it stock is fine , just don’t go out for long run sessions. cya there
John

NICE! We were talking about a (your?) GTIR last track day…can’t wait to see it.

Looks like reasonably clear weather, should be nice out.