Dunnville 2008 Track-Day schedule - SON240sx / NYSpeed

Hellllooo everyone… introduing www.onyxsyndicate.com

Josh (Onyx Z32, the guy who shoots HD video at our Niagara Meets) and i have decided to combine efforts and launch a full scale attack on track days and club events in 2008.

since he and i both coordinate major events for each club (SON and NYS) we have booked a series of track days and will be combining more events.

We will still be having an Official SON240sx meet but will also be having fully catered official club events at the track to open and close out the 2008 Season… and when i say fully catered i mean professional mobile-gourmet type shit…

Here are the details as taken from http://www.onyxsyndicate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6

There are a total of 7 lapping days at Dunnville for summer '08. Since there are several people who have expressed interest in showing up to every lapping day, here is the deal:

$400 USD (Not including PayPal fees) gets you into all 7 days. A $60 savings verses buying each day individually. This price does not however get you into either of the 2 full day events.

Now for the catch: This deal expires January 1st, 2008. So get your payments in early! (Makes a great Christmas gift) http://www.onyxsyndicate.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

*A Track Day Payment Page is being developed. In the mean time, post in this thread if you’re interested and I’ll PM you the proper PayPal info. Additional track days may be added at a later date, however they are excluded from this offer.

For reference, the dates included are as follows:

Track Day #6 - Friday, June 6th
Track Day #7 - Saturday, June 21st
Track Day #8 - Saturday, July 19th
Track Day #9 - Friday, August 1st
Track Day #10 - Saturday, August 16th
Track Day #11 - Friday, August 29th
Track Day #12 - Saturday, September 13th

It is possible that we will extend the opportunity to pre-pay, but only by a couple days and only by special arrangement.

$400 for 7 track days is unheard of… so dont delay… Some US participants have already confirmed and sent payment. There are a limited number of these arrangements available.

Go…

Additionally,

each track day will be covered in HD video, the footage will be included in the end of the year DVD.

there will be other track days set later in the year as well as likely events at other venues, most likely TMP.

If I can get the funds together by that time I am very interested. What kind of times are we talking about for each day?

i suggest setting up drift days as well

add some variety into the mix

bet on it.

there is enough interest from US guys in drift now to actually get some people out… either that or we piggy back the events.

are these events alright for noobs?

you gotta learn somehow… however, you dont want to be getting in the way of Z06’s, 11 second Evo’s and 10 second subaru’s… use your own judgement.

yes,
these events are awesome for noobs
just be cautious
because lord knows it would suck to hit a elise in a 240.

^^^OMFG yes. Sucks for whomever that was last cruise.

You know I am in for this but the wording is weird?! It mentions “7 days” over and over but are these aren’t full lapping days because it also says “This price does not however get you into either of the 2 full day events.” If not they should say “7 dates” and specify if they are morning or afternoon sessions?

To be honest not big on the morning ones, prefer full or afternoon when me and the car are running right.

Dave,

i agree with you on the wording, mine was a simple copy and paste.

i will clarify that and duration of the days as soon as i can.

I would like more details too please! More specifically what date and time…

If they are:
8am-12pm or 12pm to 4pm, I’d definitely be in.

what about 18 second s13’s?

Another set of Dunnville track days? Don’t get me wrong its a GREAT track and is loads of fun but there is now what THREE guys who run Dunnville track days. This one, Dip and Mark… How about someone focus on the many OTHER tracks in the area.

I don’t mean to slam the idea just putting this out there. Maybe I’m the only one who thinks 3x(5-7) days at the same track is a little excessive for one club.

+1

Dunnville is the closest track to Western NY and Lee (the owner) has been asking us to do this… so here it is.

Plus, shannonville is too far away and TMP semi-sucks.

additionally, this isn’t some guys renting a track and inviting some friends… the support from the track management and the Western NY guys (read: not lowballers, if you follow me) suggests that this will be a big step forward.

im not too sure what you mean by a “big step forward” and would like to know more about what you have in mind or what you forsee being different

all i know for sure is that there is about a 10% chance that I’ll actually be able to drive my car next season after 2 years of it sitting and rotting and if I do it’s going to be awesome having like 20+ track day weekends to choose from :slight_smile:

I cant wait for next year…Im building a new toy:)

Bing from Josh’s in NY.

The 7 days listed are 4-8pm track sessions.

The Full Day events are entirely separate. These full day events are the ones where we are going to do a bit more.

We have tentative dates for the full sessions, May 24 and Sept 27. May 24 is not a US holiday fyi.

Will all these events be “Grip” only, or will there be some “Drifting” track days in there?

Onyx Syndicate Track Days in affiliation with BlownEuroz. :slight_smile:

http://www.blowneuroz.com/mygallery/BlownEuroz%20Cars%204-29/9a.jpg

We generally have a great turnout and sell out all of Josh’s events, good group of mixed experience people and always a good time. Hope to see some of you out there!