Dips Track days DATES BOOKED. seperated drift and grip!

I have confirmed days with Dunnville and paid.
so its official

to sign up please email me at dipstrackdays at hotmail.com

Derek
may 21 am - grip

Season opener:
May 21st - Monday, Its a holiday, none of you will be working!
Fullday: 8am to 5pm
Grip events are before drift because the track gets pretty messed after drift.

8-12 will be grip ONLY
cost: $65 per car, 25 for a second driver. Pre Paid
Limit:25-30 cars

12-5 will be drift only
cost: $75 per car prepaid
Limit: 30-35 cars
There will be a tire change station setup for faster/easier changes.

June 10th - Sunday
8-12 will be Grip only
Cost: $70 per car, 25 for a second driver, prepaid
Limit: 30 cars

July 15th - Sunday
8-12 will be GRIP ONLY
cost: $ 70 per car perpaid
Limit: 30 cars
There will be a tire change station setup with a compressor, impact, ramps and jack for faster/easier changes.

August 6th - Holiday Monday, you all have it off again!
Grip events are before drift because the track gets pretty messed after drift.

8-12 will be grip ONLY
cost: $65 per car, 25 for a second driver. Pre Paid
Limit:25-30 cars

12-5 will be drift only
cost: $75 per car prepaid
Limit: 30-35 cars
There will be a tire change station setup with a compressor, impact, ramps and jack for faster/easier changes.

Im going to allow 50% deposits. balance due at track.
This will allow you to backout last minute without losing as much money.
You can of course sell your spot at any point in time.

All events are RAIN OR SHINE. I really enjoy the rain days, they really test ones skill and you can learn a lot.

All Vehicles MUST be safe.
Any car i deem not track worthly will not be allowed on the track.

Standard rules:
No passing except on straights. Same as the highway:
Pass on the left ONLY after receiving a signal from the vehicle ahead.
Vehicle being passed pulls to the right and slows until passed.
Anyone not following this will be removed from the track.

Helmets are required. you can buy one for 100 bucks new, cheaper used.
you life is worth it.

If you have no track experience or have not been to dunnville before you will be required to go for a ridealong with an experienced driver.

please show up before the events begin. It takes time to setup and im sure you want as much time on track as possible.

Prices have marginally increased this time because i opted for insurance this year. I took a huge risk last year.

Prepay is a must this time. There was too much chaos last year with people just showing up. we had 42 cars at one point.

12 cars on the track MAXIUM at any point.

dead slow speed in the pits MANDITORY

and of course at all times please show consideration for the other drivers.

Please post any questions, comments or concerns.

signup will be posted as soon as i get a website going.

Thanks guys
Looking forward to a great 2007 track season.

p.s. I am looking for someone to make me a website.
I am offering a free season to anyone that can make me a site and arrange hosting and what not. Nothing amazing, just simple and tidy.
Please PM me if you are intersted.
im leaving for the winter on teh 16th and would like to have it in place before i go.

13 turns 2.2 kms
http://www.dunnvilleautodrome.com/trackmap.jpg

just a few things i’m wondering about:

1. i remember someone posting vids of dunnville, does anyone still have that link?

2. how many impact guns, jacks and compressors will be there in these tire change stations? is this provided by the track?

3. what is the deadline to pay, because it seems that 30 cars for a drift event with 12 cars maximum capacity for a 3hr drift event is cutting it pretty close. seems like there will be some wait time. is it possible to prepay a week before so people can choose the dates that have less cars?

4. are there any stupid sound regulations with dunnville? if so, what is the limit?

thanks

this is dip, im just posting on mattys acc cause im too lazy to log out and in again.

first of all the drift events are 4 and 5 hrs
12 cars on a track is a lot
please look at the other tracks regulations as they are the same ± 1
if you think that 30 cars are going to spend 5 hrs on a track your on crack.

the events i ran last year were the same
30 plus cars 12 car limit
95% of the time there were under 12 on the track, not because i wouldnt allow it, but because no one was ready. Cars need time between beatings.
there will be more than enough track time.

its not like everyone is going to be changing tires at the same time.
one change station is enough. Especially considering its provided by me, not the track.

prepay can be done at any point in time.
however. prepaying reserves your spot, im LIMITING the track to X number of cars. Once that number is reached its closed off. So you take a risk in that regard.
That is why im offering the 50% dp. Should everything go wrong and your not able to make it you only lose 35 bucks.

Trust me. I have run 8 track days now with different formats and learned a lot about how they work.

20 minute sessions do not work.
also you spend a lot less time on the track than you think your going to.
on average i would say that for a 4 hr day you spend less than 1.5 hrs on the track. Even if you were the only one there.

Im giving you 5 hrs of free time on the track. You can stay out as long as you like baring any car failures, including tires.

oh
no sound regulations.
but cars must have mufflers of some sort.

thanks for answering the questions.

can the drift days be run counter clockwise? i’ve heard its a lot better than doing it clockwise.

thanks

my idea for the drift days was to switch up the track a few times, we can run a lot of different configs.

dip, I’ll definitely be attending some of your grip days. I’m interested in the drift days, and I’m competant at sliding a car. HOWEVER I know my drifting could use a lot of work and I was wondering if there will be anyone there that can ride with me, give me some pointers/instruction.

Like I said, competant, but I know I need more seat time.

What is the average skill level at the drift events?

LOL!! “im never giving you my keys again mike” hahahahaha

that was 1st gear i’m assuming? if you’re gonna be using a 350 then the guy to talk to is XuperXero on this forum, he’s pretty damn good.

derek, just a heads up… if you run dunville backwards on your drift days your drivers will have WAAAYYYY more fun… this track is lame going forwards and simply amazing running it backwards.

well run it every which way.

and im sure one of the more experienced can go for a ride along to give some pointers.

LOL!! “im never giving you my keys again mike” hahahahaha

that was 1st gear i’m assuming? if you’re gonna be using a 350 then the guy to talk to is XuperXero on this forum, he’s pretty damn good.[/quote]

Mostly 2nd, some 3rd (though not sure about that clip). I seriously doubt if I’d be driving that car. Mostly my BMW 5 series and 944 Turbo.

Thanks Dip, I’ll probably be attending both type of days :slight_smile:

I have setup a trackday email for signing up / payment / questions…
dipstrackdays at hotmail . com

please start signing up if you are intersted
thanks
Derek

Derek, I will be in touch for June 10th, and aug 6th, as well as other tracks (hopefully).

Guess I have to grab a helmet.

^I don’t know if I’ll go and hand you (derek) the keys to the this years’ S-chassis’

Here’s a little video to get the blood flowing in some of you guys…This is at TMP, nice little track.

Link: http://videos.streetfire.net/video/9d82e6c6-2ea4-47b7-a8c4-98af00d77238.htm

Dan has just comfirmed that he will bringing the dyno out to the first track day.

im going to try to get access to a BBQ as well.
make it a really fun first event

See you there on May 21st folks…

Pricing will be as follows…

Option A
$60 for 2 baseline runs, wideband o2 and one printout
$25 per additional pull (so that you can test-and-tune-and-test again)

Option B
$100 for unlimited access to the dyno (in 2-pull increments)

Damn nice deal, best way to tune guys!

This just gets better and better.

Dear lord, if my car isnt ready for this I may as well just scrap it. I’ll have missed the event of a lifetime

food, track AND dyno.

wtf :frowning:

im down for grip days as long as my car is fine (sh*% happens)