9/27 *OFFICIAL* NYSpeed Summers END BBQ / Open Laping / Time Trial Competition!

OFFICIAL Lap Time Leader Board! [CLICK HERE]

http://onyxz32.sagemind.com/SummersEND.jpg

Dunnville Summers END
Presented by The Onyx Syndicate
[SIZE=2] www.OnyxSyndicate.com[/SIZE]
In Association with:
[SIZE=2]NYSpeed.com
Son240sx.org
Blowneuroz.com

[/SIZE]

Please read the following “Onyx Syndicate Trackday Handbook” and sign the last page. You won’t be allowed on track if you do not read and sign it! Also, pay close attention to the rules - there have been some important changes!

Right Click, Save As HERE - Onyx Syndicate Track Day Handbook (Adobe PDF)

* The handbook is focused toward our regular lapping days, but the principles will be the same for this event. Disregard the times in the PDF.

Date, Time & Location:

Dunnville Autodrome
Ontario, Canada
Saturday, September 27th 2008
11am to 8pm
Click HERE for location and mapping

Cost:

$10 for admission & food / lunch.
$100 for admission, food / lunch, open lapping AND entry into the Time Trial Competition. (2nd drivers are an additional $40)

Registration / Payment link is below in this post.
We will accept payments on the day of as long as you have registered using our registration page ahead of time, HOWEVER: ONLY ADVANCED PAYMENTS AND REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE TIME ATTACK! Please type in the comment box that you wish to pay at the gate.

Registrations without payments, or registrations without saying in the comment box that you wish to pay at the gate will be disregarded!

NOTE: You do NOT need a PayPal account to register and make a payment! PayPal is just the service we use to accept payment. You can use any major credit card, debit card, eCheck, etc. Just click the link on the payment page that says “I don’t have a PayPal account.”

Details:

We’ll be posting more details once we setup how things will run. Important changes from Summer START will include no breaks in track time and due to lower registrations, food / lunch will be Pizza / Wings / Fingers, etc.

The first part of the day will be open lapping. After that, we’ll setup and get ready for our time attack. Unlike the time attack practice on the 13th, this one will have some sort of incentive to be fast :wink:

The grid will be built beforehand, so if you’re interested in the competition portion of the day, please register ASAP!

Oh, and grudge racing in encouraged! If you want to race a friend (either in the same car, or in different cars) we can make sure you run one after another :tup:

More info added soon! :slight_smile:

Click HERE to register / pay for this event!

Paid Drivers List:

1. jim1234664
  2. crx18 - Chip (a)
  3. crx18 - Tim (b)
  4. Minglor
  5. RedConquestTSI
  6. MPD47
  7. Bing
  8. SomeDude
  9. Cky89
  10. Peteymac
  11. J. Adams

14)…

Drivers Paying At Door:

1. ilcISdead
  2. 02NismoSpecV
  3. JDK
  4. Comatb (student)
  5. Comatb
  6. DMoffitt

Paid FOOD List:

1. crx18 ©
  2. 02NismoSpecV
  3. Articzap
  4. D.Ross
  5. M.Kolz
  6. K Cuv
  7. IKSHO89
  8. ImportMuscle

FOOD Paying at Door:

1. Focusinprogress
  2. Pirite
  3. Carless
  4. R. Wilson

6)…

http://www.dunnvilleautodrome.com/images/track.gif

Hmm ill be back in buffalo that weekend, but im not sure what day ill be busy…

and id love to run on the track but i wont have my car with me

Have you thought about anything re: “you must have X days at Dunnville to participate in the time attack” Josh? It could get messy if someone’s out there trying to learn the track while others are hot-lapping :frowning:

ill be there. dunno if ill be tracking the roush tho. the tires are uh not good enough for my liking, especially since itll be the first time tracking a rwd car vs fwd. so ill have to wait and see about driving

Only 4 cars will be on the track at a time during the time trials, and anyone who’s totally new has a several hours to learn the track before the competition in the evening. If someone is completely new and we think it’s necessary, we can send them out by themselves (clear track) for the competition, but I doubt we’ll need to do that.

We want to keep this open to EVERYONE regardless of experience or vehicle :tup:

We won’t have a mix of people on track who are competing while others are just lapping. Open lapping in the morning; Time trials in the afternoon.

4 cars is probably too many. Lets consider this example: 4 cars on a track where the fastest people will be 1:15-1:20 means spacing them apart 20 seconds a car right (80 seconds divided by 4 cars)? OK, but at the last event there were people in the 1:17 range and people in the 1:27 range (and slower). Meaning in < 2 laps you’re very likely going to have issues with passing, people being held up, not to mention your timing system will go 100% to shit if there IS passing considering its trip-the-beam based not transponders.

Not trying to be critical, but I think worry you’re taking on too much / trying too hard to make this into NASA TT all overnight.

At the very least doing some kind of quick/average lap “qualifying” deal earlier in the day to get an idea of where people stand so you can release cars/people grouped with those running similar times would be wise. And keeping it to 2-3 cars at a time too wouldn’t hurt - at least then at 1:20/lap average you have 26.67 seconds apart or ideally 40 seconds w/ 2 cars. Unless you only plan to do 2-3 laps not 4 (that whole fast-lap-skip-a-lap-fast-lap-cool-down thing was a whole other issue but anyway).

Just my $.02 - I’ll be there and it’ll be fun either way, just offering some suggestions.

Well I know three cars that can co exist on the track at 1 time :slight_smile:

All in the 1:17 range

Not at all Dave - that’s why we’ll be testing things out with our software package on the 13th; well before this date. Everything will be ironed out in advance. And if 4 cars is too many, we’ll cut it down :tup:

Remember that we only used part of the system this last Friday. The whole “do 4 laps for 2 times” was just a limitation since we didn’t have all of the system components there. We’ll be able to have mutiple cars on track with multiple continuous laps. We actually have functions so that times won’t get screwed up if cars get passed, spin out, etc… Only the car that gets passed looses that laps time :slight_smile:

I think you’re thinking too hard about this, lol. In no way are we trying to be NASA here. Hell, we won’t even have extensive classing if at all. We’re just looking to have some fun and friendly competition. I appreciate the input though :tup:

We’ll also get a leaderboard going like TopGear :slight_smile:

I am way too excited for this… Josh If you need any help setting up or what not let me know

Your system still can’t accommodate cars passing each other (can it??) But yeah, sounds like a good time overall!

just put on cars with similar times…

ie. you and cassie and me… hahah

relaaaax…

:wave: I was only .7 off of cassi. Thx

And we shall call ourselves… the Dunnville Trifecta.

Edit: And I should be there barring any unforeseen circumstances.

Is there a cash prize for winning the time attack?

Is the offical rule now passport only or will license and birth cert still suffice?

There will be some prize, but we haven’t decided on what yet.

License and Birth Cert are good until January at least :tup:

http://www.australianformulajunior.com/images/afja%20trophy-2small.jpg

nyspeed cup??

^^ You know what, I have a bunch of those already… hum… :slight_smile:

I’m planning on being there. I need to finish painting the trailer.

:tup:

Will be in attendance with the riced out bimmer.