NYSpeed / OSYN Track Days 2008 [Next Day: Sept 13th] *NEW: Track Timing System!*

To sign up for any of our track days or events, visit the Registration Page on our website. :tup:

The last regular lapping day for 2008 at Dunnville is coming soon!

Track Day #10 - Saturday, September 13th - 1pm to 8pm - $70

This day will have open lapping for the beginning part of the day, then we’ll be having a time trial practice using our new track timing system :tup:

Practice for what you ask? Practice for our Summers END BBQ & Time Trial Competition :slight_smile:

http://onyxz32.sagemind.com/sept13thbanner.jpg

All days are at Dunnville Autodrome in Ontario, Canada (a little over an hour drive from Buffalo, NY)

http://www.dunnvilleautodrome.com/images/track.gif

It’s also important to point out that these dates will not be NYSpeed exclusive this year. There are several groups from other forums who will be signing up, as well people who are not affiliated with any forum. So if you have friends or family who would like to check it out, but they’re not on NYSpeed, invite them!

The track is adding some pavement for course layout changes this year too, so we should be able to switch things up a bit more and keep things interesting!

Everyone attending a track day must read the following “Onyx Syndicate Trackday Handbook” and sign the last page. You won’t be allowed on track if you have not read and signed it! Also, pay close attention to the rules - there have been some important changes! Right Click, Save As HERE - Onyx Syndicate Track Day Handbook (Adobe PDF)

You can find more information on our website’s forum at www.OnyxSyndicate.com/Forums :tup:

September 13th Registrations:

1. eesti
  2. Minglor
  3. A. Rivet
  4. Nova7
  5. J. Tse

14)…

is there guna b drifting on these days?

not sure how much they’ve changed it up, but if these events are like last yr, no drift, its a lapping event

We have 2 full drift, full track days… July 12th and Sept 13th in the afternoon after the lapping session is over.

These are Drift-Ops sanctioned drift events that will allow you to earn a DMCC driver’s license to compete in DMCC which is a feeder series for FD… meaning if you have dreams of going pro, we are the closest ticket.

Yeah what Bing said, lol. I’ll be making a separate thread to announce those dates :tup:

These dates are all grip driving.

Question: Are race cars allowed at these lapping days? I am thinking of buying a dedicated track car and I’d hate to find out that it wasn’t welcome. (The only rule that I could find that might be relevant is the requirement that all vehicles have a muffler. That should not be a problem.)

TIA!

Absolutely! As long as they are not cart or open-wheel race cars. Any production-based car is fine. We had several last year.

How come the days have been Decreased ?

Crap! I was looking at a Formula Ford, Thunder Roadster (closed wheel, not open) or a sports racer. Would the closed wheel cars be eligible if they are not production based?

We’ve added 2 Drift dates and some of our dates conflicted with other events. Plenty of stuff going on this summer :slight_smile:

Yeah I think you can get away with that. I’ll have to ask the track. It’s mainly a safety issue with the other cars being on track.

They actually have several formula Fords there that you can rent;

http://www.dunnvilleautodrome.com/images/thumbnails/facility/storage1.jpg

any… drag? events

you can rent?? would love to rip in one …info???

can we drive the lawnmower

^ Seriously… Josh how much to rent one of the Formula cars?? I would pay just to take a lap in one before anyone even gets to the track!

No drag on the agenda… yet.

The Forumla cars are $700 to run. Rick (RX3) looked into getting one for an hour, and it was still over $200. :frowning:

I bet we could make a better deal than that. I mean he already has so much of everyones $… bastard. That would be a fun thing to take like 10 people or however many of those they have and just go tear up the track for a day

Building my project miata with the idea of getting it out to a few of these track days.

Do roadsters need to have hard tops to come out to play?

I didn’t see any mention of it in the OS Track Day Handbook but just want to be sure before I sell the one I’ve got here.

no hard tops needed unless rules have changed, i had my miata up there last year

what do the days in red mean?

Days in red just mean they’re on a Saturday.

And there are no special requirements for convertibles. But roll bars are recommended.

Yeah, My dumbass running no roll bar…
:picard:

what can you tell us about changes to the track this year?