OFFICIAL: 2008 ELECTION THREAD

so who’s keeping an eye on this? Last count I saw, Obama was up on Clinton and the other guy, and Huckabee was said to be winning for the Republicans.

please god let anybody but that satan spawned commie short haired bull dyke win.

most pref it to be obama

Save us from the evildoers, Huckabee. Save us!

yeah, no shit… although I’m not totally convinced that I’d want Obama to be in the white house either

I was half awake with the news on in the background this morning. I think Obama came in first, Hillary third, and one of those filler candidates with no chance of actually winning in the middle.

I’m starting to think more and more that I’ll be voting Obama. I can’t in good conscience keep the same party in office and Obama seems like the best dem candidate. :shrug:

i was surprised, as obama is the one i would choose so far, Hillary has sold out her citizens before, why not do it again

Carpetbagger…

carpetmuncher too…

sorry… Had to…

har har :tup:

Would you people actually vote for Barack Hussien Obama?
Do you really think he has enough experience?
What has he accomplished that you like?
Wow.

What’s a name worth?
What’s experience worth, if it will just lead us down the same path we have been on?

It’s extremely racist and ignorant that people want to make judgment on the man based on his name.

Also, in my opinion experience in Federal gov’t may be more of a hindrance to good performance. I have no problem with some fresh blood.

it appears to me like its the same attitude as the previous election “anybody but the republican candidate” and all that attitude is gunna do is get another republican elected.

He’s an impassioned, smart and charismatic leader. He’s a visionary who’s ready to LEAD. That’s EXACTLY what this country needs right now. Someone who’s inspiring.

Who cares about his name, it’s his ideals and passion that draw people in. Did you watch his speech last night? The section about hope is moving.

Look at democratic turnout, almost 50% of registered voters! In a primary!!! 89% increase over 2004. Huge number of independents and republicans caucused for Obama and he won handily in a state with a 2% black population.

Look at the writing on the wall my friend. With the Independent turnout for the democratic caucus, combined with the MASSIVE democratic turnout (republican turnout was on par with 2004 btw) makes for a overwhelming victory in November for CHANGE.

I’m fucking proud to say I live in a country that’s going to elect it’s first black president.

PS - What fucking experience did Reagan have? He started running for president the second he took office in California. Obama has been in public service at the state and national level for 12 years now. Reagan had 8 years before he became president.

I have no real problems with Obama in the white house and I’d prefer him over Hillary, but I have a feeling he’s going to have all kinds of lobbyist’s/special interest groups in his back pocket

I’d love to see an independent get in, but that’s a fat chance in hell

lol did you make sure to use his middle name just so that we don’t confuse him with the other Barrack Obama running for president?

OMG tarorist!

And while Bush is going into the middle east guns ablazing and passing unconsititutional covert bullshit like the patriot act, Obama has been working on things like this:

and expanding this:

Sure the transparency act is a small step, but at least it’s in the right direction. Same with expanding Nunn-Lugar. He also has done work on energy independence and getting some control over the unlimited money and troops were dumping into Iraq.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t trust any politican farther than I can throw him. I just think he’s in the right ballpark.

Well, that’s how GW Bush was elected, and that’s how Hillary was planning on getting elected. So someone out there must care.

he actually wants to fight the lobbyists

He’s only half black. Baby steps…

Definitely, the country is not ready for no cream, no sugar.