OFFICIAL: 2008 ELECTION THREAD

:bigblap:

nice.

wait, is this the oil price thread of the election thread??

Gallup Daily: Obama 46%, McCain 43%

ORLY JAY?

3% margin of error?

Tapping the strategic oil reserve is not a substitute for a real plan to increase supply through additional drilling and nuclear power. The strategic oil reserve exists for America’s national security strategy – not Barack Obama’s election strategy," said McCain spokesman Tucker Bounds.

“The last release of oil from the strategic reserve came in response to Hurricane Katrina, but the only crisis that has developed since Barack Obama last rejected this idea 28 days ago is a slide in his poll numbers.”

awesome

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iNxTApa2sQRu0Xx99P3jt2bEXw7gD92BAL0O0

In the course of the McCain offensive, Obama’s lead in a Gallup Poll tracking survey slid from nine percentage points on July 26, when he returned, to nothing by Saturday, when the poll showed the candidates tied at 44 percent.

YES RLY :wink:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

You’re using old data

August 4th for the Rasmussen one, and this weekend for Gallup isn’t old.

But regardless, I’ll even take going from 9% to 3% behind after Obama’s big Iraq trip and being on the cover of every new source for a week.

Can’t wait to see how his new view on tapping the oil reserves plays out. And for every swing voter his new “maybe” stance on drilling might have swayed I bet he lost 2 of his ultra-liberals. :slight_smile:

I really can’t wait to see these two in a debate.

You watch southpark? Remember the douche vs the turd sandwich? Yeah…

Lost ultra-liberals to who? yeah, no one. A couple things to keep in mind about polling right now:

1. The general election campaign hasn’t even started
  2. The general election campaign hasn’t even started

We’ll see how things shape up after a debate, the conventions, and when people actually start paying attention.

^ 3rd party Joe, traditional home of the ultra liberal.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x6576340

His far left base is not happy.

But yeah, polls are pretty pointless right now. Lets wait until October when the 527’s start spamming the airwaves with their hate speeches.

So does that mean we should lower our standards?

That’s the million dollar question.
:gotme:
How do you compete in a global economy when your standard of living is sooooo much higher than 99% of the planet?
If we don’t trade with other countries get ready to pay $20,000 for an LCD TV and $2,000 for an XBOX.
But that would be lowering our standards anyway because no one would be able to have items like that.

Like I said it is the million dollar question.
There is no easy(or painless) answer.

We could try to raise the standards in other countries. Maybe some sort of tax or tarriff on companies that employ people for so little. I mean if you hire a person to work on an assembly line in taiwan and there making just enough to get by but never to improve thier life, maybe force the issue on companies to provide wages and benefits to allow the social mobility that we have here in America. I’m not suggesting trying to make it exactly like the US but put it in the right direction.

So, you’re saying that we should act upon other sovereign nations so that they raise their standards of living to meet our views / opinions?

And you’re a democrat?

wow.

World police wat?

Vs. meeting thier standards to compete in a global economy?
If American companies want to hire outside the country then yes.
And Im not a democrat.

Then be prepared to pay $20,000 for a TV if want chinese people to be treated like us.
I’m just sayin

my apologies, i thought I remembered you supporting the dems.

They don’t have to be treated like us, but I’m just saying instead of expoiting people so that we can have cheap things and loose jobs why not try to instil some of the values that we came to believe in during the Progressive Era. If what your saying is true then we’re fucked and instead of bringing down our value of life why not try to bring everyone elses up.

Again this is if your right and there is no other factors at play.