purauto premeet/grand opening/cruise (56k DEATH)

props to GC for making all this happen. event was a success. figured might as well put all the pics in one thread. heres the pics from the premeet at woodbine and 16th, purauto grand opening, and the downtown cruise. for the premeet we were supposed to meet up with john, steve, and the rest of the ny/nj crew but they were delayed so it ended up being r32 gtr meet. day after grand opening of purauto. was a wicked event. only thing missing was models(i blame GC for this). hehehe. then had to jet downtown and back to shop to find that everyone left for downtown already so i had to chase them through downtown. 6-10 blocks of cat and mouse. finally caught with them went for a cruise. stopped over near queensway and the rest of the convoy decided to go back to the hotel to go to the club early. leaving me and john’s r33 gtr to head back to dt core together. then disaster struck. a big puff of smoke and we pull over. look at pics to see what happened. :drivin

bignate went home early and missed the shoot. (chris, roger, dave, kevin, me)

different angle

team toyo street lineup

GTRC lineup

GTRC lineup 2

NY/NJ lineup (r33 gtr and r33 gts25t)

NY/NJ lineup 2 (r33 gts25t and the z06 corvette)

all skyline lineup (dave, me, harvey, nav, neal)

my baby. (the slowest gtr in ontario)

the beast from NY. r33 skyline GTR LMGT4!!!

heres that sexy ass for all you r33 haters.

another fine example of an r33 gts25t.

another angle

navins purple beast!

neals sexy 2.7L gtr.

red honda civic(according to nate) lol

team toyo street’s corvette

one of the sickest and cleanest r32 gtr i’ve ever seen.

my stock interior. just had to throw that in. hehehe

disaster struck. car wont turn over. oil leaking(front right wheel)

me taking a photo of john filming me.

we had nothing else to do so we start taking vids and pics.

what the car left behind.

tow truck arrives.

r33 getting loaded on the flatbed. the tow truck guy is amazing. knows exactly what to do with lowered car.

still dripping oil and coolant.

car arrives at the shop. with my car in the background. :wink:

it was a pain to put up on the hoist and required 8 guys to do it. we all wanted to see what happened.

we find the culprit. its hard too see clearly in this pic.

a closeup view.

at the shop after bringing the car in. 2 r32 gtr’s, r33 gts25t, 300zx, and a mk3 supra.

more pics of that sexy r32 gtr from NY.

some bonus vids i took.

youtu.be/1sDOZTmwmjk

youtu.be/yY4XEp1UAJM

youtu.be/73udMAsMnts

p.s. im just too lazy to make two threads for this. so just copied and pasted my post from gtrc.

when was this?

Alex. I see what seems to be a hole in the Bellhousing of the transmission case. Oil and Coolant wouldn’t come from that side (oil would come if the rear main seal ruptured) but that does not explain the coolant.
So is it a hole in the oil pan? Did the car throw a rod or something like Bountywolfs car?

And is the front bumper on that blue R33 ziptied like your car?

the car definitely thrown a rod. but it is oil and coolant for sure.

some wicked pics taken by tom(toms14). amazing, amazing pics. if anyone is interested he is selling unedited hi res versions of the pics on a cd for $10.

alex, both you and the GTS R33 need wheel spacers :stuck_out_tongue:
but that R33 GTR is teh sex… makes me want a skyline again (thats been YEARS too)

too bad R33 GTR’s were made after 1996…

alex, i’m still pissed at you that you didn’t tell me about this until the day before. and i concur with james, you need spacers asap.

nice shots tom!

Wow, thats alot of pics.

Do not get any work done at PurAuto.
They dont even know how to wax a car properly… We watched one of there lackeys scratch up a brand new Lexus 430:{. It was horrible!

they might not know about detailing but when we brought in the r33 there i can tell you right away that they know how to work on cars specially supras and skylines. they dont really have anyone to do detailing there since pretty much their staff is all mechanics. but the mechanics there specifically the shop manager has 10 years of mechanic work.

^maybe so, but I know they could not wrench on there own 350zr.
They had to outsource the Greddy TT kit install, ironically to a shop in the U.S

^didnt know that. thanks for letting me know. would you happen to know the owner of the 420Z TT? do you know if the guys that did his 420 motor have a kit for an rb26?

^they had a 420ztt?:confused: Was it a yellow z?

Only one shop is making the 4.2l stroker kit and IIRC its GTM in Cali.

If GTM built that block and tuned the z, dam thing would be hitting 600+whp on low boost as a DD, high boost would put it upwards of 1000+whp.

Alex,
As far as I know, GTM does not make/sell a 4.2l Stroker kit for the RB26.

Church

no. not them. i saw a featured car on jtuned.com. the car is a black 350z with a custom 420zTT emblem. he stroked his motor to 4.2 cars name is alicia. cant remember the guy that owns it but he is from TO.

Ya his my350z.com screen name is “NitrousZ”, hes actually an admin. He was the first to get this build completed, and only a few others have followed his path.
I believe he was born in T.O, but lived most his years in vancouver and now works in Cali. He was actually considering moving to toronto but I dont think he followed through with that.

He has dumped more then $200k into his car, its a total “one-off”.
Hes running about 700whp on low boost for his DD setting. He hits upwards of 900whp at high boost, IIRC.

Can you say Viper killer?.. :drivin

^i dont think it should be called viper killer. it should be supercar killer!!! talk about wolf in sheeps clothing.

^^^ im with alex on this one, i’ve seen vids of a 2000hp+ viper.
yeah… two thousand… O_O

i didnt mean it that way. i meant that it can pretty much beat most supercars you’ll see on the road.

2000whp viper is not a street legal car…
While the 420ztt is still totally street legal…

Two totally different beasts…

Think about a 4.2L APS Extreme Twin Turbo 350z being LEGAL IN CALIFORNIA

^that pretty much says it all right there…

Hopefully one day, I will win the lotto… :drivin