Quad Vs Bike

I swear there were a few but I could be wrong.
Either way I wouldnt want a two stroke or a dirtbike.

I am with ya on the 2 stroke.

I think im getting a quad…

idk if i wanna be a fag and get another utility
or be awsome and get another banshee, or bombardier…

Either one can be fun. Sometimes a 4x4 would be fun because it can go thru alot of shit a 2wd cant (deep mud, snow, etc) and some of the bigger ones are just as fast as the 2wd’s. Ive gotten my 2wd stuck in shit a 4x4 wouldnt get stuck in.

But normally theyre not as good on jumps and shit, dont usually handle as well and dont have as good of a suspension (stiffer) and weigh alot more.

You can also plow and tow trailers with a 4x4.

2strokes are the jam.

except when youre in a trail with a 4 stroke in front of you roosting you because you cant touch the throttle, and have no power out of your topend power band that sucks anywhere but a straight away.

theres a reason bikes are mostly 4 strokes now. hitting power band is fun, but id rather have power everywhere.

I have ridden alot of quads and dirtbikes. Warrior, Wolverien (sp?), YFZ450, blaster, banshee, Polaris 800 4x4, sportsman 500, what ever their sport 2xd is, LTZ450R, RMZ250F, Kingquad, Z400, 450R, CRF250R, CRF450R… I compressed my spine, broke my wriste, ribs, consusions on a quad. I went over the bars and poped my shoulder out, and messed up my ankel where I couldnt walk for 2 weeks but nothing was broken, broke a few fingers on a dirbike. They both will hurt you no matter what.

I ride everything from smooth fast trails, rocky ass logging trails, sand pits, steep hill climbs, tracks… on both atv’s and dirtbikes.

Both machines have equal +/-'s. Atv’s are more expensive to hop up, but usually more expensive to repair after a good wreck. Good wreck is defined by high speed, tumble: bent axle wheels, sumframe, tie rods, a-arms… Dirt bikes are cheaper to begin with, and require less money on top to have a expert ready machine.

Hill climbs dirtbikes are harder to get up the hill, but flop and stick to the hill. Quads tumble to pieces. Technical rocky stumpy shit trails, a dirt bike with a good rider is as fast as a quad with a decent rider. High speed trails, a dirt bike with a decent rider will rip from a quad with a good rider. Dirt bikes will go through mud, with a good rider. Bunny hopping a dirtbike over a fallen tree is easier on a quad with a retarded rider, than a decent rider on a dirt bike. On the track, an expert atv and an expert bike are equal. A tard on a atv and a tard on a dirtbike, atv will be faster becasue the bike rider will fall more for sure. Any asshole can wheelie a quad, one wheel is much harder to wheelie. Flat track, a quad is alot easier to be fast than a bike. flat track bikers take YEARS of experience, anyone can sit on thier calf muscle inside a atv on the nurfs and pitch it into a turn. High side a atv on flat track you are going to be FUCKED. A dirt bike will throw you and you can rag doll away without being slammed by 400lbs at 60mph. Pond/water skimmin is easier on a atv than a dirtbike.

95% is the rider ability, 2% is how much of what kind of riding you will do, 3% is money differences.

HOLY FUCKING BOOK BATMAN!

Im torn between buying a quad and buying a street bike now.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

LOL I am not a good salesman I guess! hahahaha

My .02 is quads are easier to just hope on and screw around but harder/more dangerous to race. Even though I just bought a trx450 I still would much rather rip a dirt bike cuz theres nothing like launching it and dodging trees haha

You got it… That is the main reason I am getting another bike this summer. I want to hit more trails and GNCC stuff, and I feel I can pitch a bike around and last alot longer on the bike. I am only 145lbs with gear, and riding a 350+lb atv with a steering stabilizer in the gncc/trail stuff took alot out of me. I like my 198lb CRF250R, but i am looking at at 07 RMZ450 and it is only 220lbs.

BTW the 450 FI RMZ jumps to 240lbs for 09… peewww.

That pretty dam heavy. Im a honda rider myself. I had a crf250 and loved it when all my buddies got 450s. I like to use all the power of the bike, no need for a 450.

Yep, I rode the 450’s a little bit. they were nice for quick panic throttle chops when you need a little more than the 250 could give you to clear something, and they usually have (rmz250 vs 450) more suspension travel. The 450 has an inch more over the 250 rmz for the same year. But the 17-40lbs is a giant difference.

WHERE THE FUCK IS MY TAX RETURN, I need to get this KTM250SXF I am looking at NOW!