R Comp people

Take a look at these tires, got a good deal on them, just wondering how much life is left on them

http://www.viper966.com/DSC_0001.jpg

http://www.viper966.com/DSC_0007.jpg

http://www.viper966.com/DSC_0009.jpg

BTW they are hoosier R6’s

guess you won’t know if its a good deal until you know how much life is on them no? :smiley:

None. They are useless to you. I’ll give you $50 for the set…

What year R6’s?

They have “tread” life left, but I use tires till they are corded or overly flat spotted. Are they still soft?

I want to say about 40% life left… but it’s hard to tell.

bought earlier this year, says 1 track day on them, well known on the M boards, so dont doubt it, just dont have any referance point to what they look like… paying 200 bux for the set (retail 1300)

yeah, you got a deal… but unless they were shaved I suspect more like one 3 day track event.

make sure you store in a stable environment above freezing.

depends upon the driver. might get one event ~ might get 5, do you want to compete with your DD and have a blow out at racing speeds?

life will depend on your alignment and if they were properly heat cycled the first time. There is still some life left in those.

For the money you are paying and what they are going to be used for Brian, you should be fine.

What you should be worried about is flatspotting them. Driving on R-comps is very different from driving on regular tires.

are you going square?

nope, car is too low have to be at stock ride height to fit a square setup, and alot of people who do a bunch of days preffer staggered to improve steering resposnse

245/275

but im picking up a whole shit ton of tires, probably 2-3 sets when all said and done

meh they look alright… id need to touch em to see how sticky/soft, but used R comps at prices like that fall into my category of, if i get 1 event im happy… i had some BEAT ass slicks i used at TMP that i thought would be dead after the event, but they surprised me i have at least one more before i dismount them… you should be happy with them…

What is a square setup? Does that mean same size wheel/tire all around?

Hoosiers (the A6s in particular, not as sure about the R6s) like to cord before they cycle out, so they are probably ~50% used. These kind of tires are pretty much never shaved, the grooves are not deep enough to require it for dry track use, so all you’d be doing is shortening the life of the tire (only the most hardcore of hardcore would shave them to reduce unsprung weight, which isn’t really an issue with Hoosiers as they are quite light compared to the competition). Do you plan to use these for the track, or for solo?

Pretty sure an M3 has ABS, so I don’t think flatspotting will be an issue.

Yup.

Tons of life. Great deal.

gonna use them for autoX and for track days, i really want to do a full season this year

Hoosiers (the A6s in particular, not as sure about the R6s) like to cord before they cycle out, so they are probably ~50% used. These kind of tires are pretty much never shaved, the grooves are not deep enough to require it for dry track use, so all you’d be doing is shortening the life of the tire (only the most hardcore of hardcore would shave them to reduce unsprung weight, which isn’t really an issue with Hoosiers as they are quite light compared to the competition). Do you plan to use these for the track, or for solo?

Depends on the size and car. Your car Bret might cord them, Dave’s Type R as well. Camaros on the otherhand (once you get some camber in the front) will get over 100 runs on a set of tires. For me the cycle out long long long before they cord (dave can back me up on that one). Not sure about bimmer, but I’d bet the rears will last you a long long time as long as you aren’t an asshole with the go peddle, and the fronts may cord before they get hard, may not, that will depend on the car’s tendancy to push and the amount of camber and toe you run. To much and you will cord the inside, too little you’ll cord the edges, just right, you’ll be good to go.

Keep in mind I’m running 315’s on all 4, close to 2 degrees of camber up front, and 1/16 to 1/8 toe out in the front. The bimmer on 245’s up front will probably work the tires a little more then my car. How much does it weigh?