RC Car Thread

Pretty sure victory lap is closed.

ya i dont think its been there for awhile

Oh I had no idea. Just saw pictures and a website. Well that sucks, now I remember why I got out of the hobby 10yrs ago. Only legit racing seems to be electric and oval…

What is this track behind bensons, private owned deal? Nitro MT friendly? I’m debating on selling the revo to get into electric, if there was only an actual off road track. Oval does nothing for me.

There are a few kits out there to make the N Revo an E Revo. Might be your best option.

The Axial Exo Terra Buggy RTR is $299 at Tower now, so tempted! If anyone is going to buy something through Towerhobbies I have codes that give decent discounts. If you subscribe to their email, you get better deal codes than the advertised ones.

I was thinking something that is raced locally. Is there anything besides oval around here?

Lol I dont actually know. I just run mine on the driveway or lawn.

Did a lot of research while stopping at every local shop looking for a pull start.

Victory lap is shut down
Competition hobby only has oval, electric only
Science and hobby outdoor little track is gone, only have indoor oval/carpet
Track behind bensons is offroad however couldn’t get a straight answer but seems to be only electric now.

all that i seen run there has been electric mostly short course trucks and i think they may start running short course buggys they havent started racing yet but they have a facebook page that you can find out all the info you need the name of the track is the cat box raceway

Anybody got a glow plugs and igniter they wanna sell? If you have other misc stuff for a Tmaxx 2.5 I may also be interested in that.

any one intrested in a losi 22 buggy. buggy has turned into a big class at the local tracks looking to get 300$ it has a lrp sxx version 2 spedo revtech 13.5 and a savox servo and brand new proline bulldog body and wing or i will sell as a roller with no electronics for 150$ also if anyone is intrested in trying out racing before you buy a truck let me know i have a truck i will let you race

haha was just going through my garage getting all my Slash stuff together to sell… AE re-released the RC10 Gold Pan, and I will have one. Mamba Max Slash with extras $250!

WANT:

so cool that they re-released such an iconic buggy

I had a radio shack Golden Arrow buggy and a tamiya super hornet when I was a kid. I dunno much about RC cars at all but my parents were pissed when I dug an RC track around the perimeter of their garden lol.

Like suzukijake said its catbox thats behind bensons. They have a real good turnout on wed nights, they also run most sundays. It seems like there a lot of 2wd and 4wd SCT’s and a few 2wd buggys but i think 4wd buggys are starting to come around. They update their facebook page quite a bit on whether they are racing on certain days. I have a E-Revo with a novak brushless set up on 4s right now and a rustler vxl but would like to get a 4wd buggy. https://www.facebook.com/groups/205576079473427/

I want to convert my Tmaxx 2.5 to electric. Have any of you done it? Any tips?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

its possible lots of guys have done it just search it on google a conversion kit should come up

here is some from ebay http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=traxxas+tmaxx+conversion

Might be helpful: http://www.how2rc.com/The%20T%20MAXX%20%20conversion%20to%20Brushless%20Electric%20Power.html

anyone else on here have an electric rc drift car

Meaning PVC tires on a 4wd touring car?

I really want one of the short course trucks. They look crazily fun.