RC Talk - What do you have/discussion.

Did a quick search and didn’t find an rc thread. I know there has to be a number of people on here into this catagory.

What type of RC are you into? (truck/car/boat/heli/plane/etc)
What do you have?
Got any pictures to share?
Any problems or suggestions you care to share.
places you may go to use these RC toys.

Lets get it going!

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

I’ve recently got back into RC and found I’ve been spending way to much money on this hobby.

As of just 1 year, I’ve picked up the following.

1. Blade MCX
  2. Blade 120sr
  3. UMX 16.5" wing Parkzone P-51 Mustang
  4. 1/10 Kyosho Vintage Outlaw Rampage SST Nitro Truggie
  5. 1/16 Traxxas 4x4 Brushless Slash (just picked up yesterday)
  6. Working on completing a 65" Aircore Nitro powered plane. Building this from the ground up. Kits about 20-30 years old.

I’ve been running the Heli’s and plane just in some small parks around Cheektowaga. The Kyosho I just finished fixing up and getting running, only to crash and brake a Drive shaft and having a hard time finding it. hahaha We are planning to make a track behind a friends house.

The Slash I just picked up yesterday used with 3 batteries, this fucker is fast! (apparently does about 70-80) Its a short course stadium truck, so its really hard to get that speed. I ran it in the snow yesterday (waterproof) and had a fun time drifting it around. Planning to run this on the home built track as well.

Hopefully have the 65" plane done by spring to fly that one as well.

I can post some photos in a little.

I have a HPI Rs4. its a AWD nitro car. Picked it up on here about a year or 2 ago. its fun to use in parking lots. I can say i have probably replaces everything on it twice from some crazy crashes lol. its currently not running it needs a tune and a new glow plug.

I’m expecting to cause damage on the Slash. That thing has way to much power for its good. I’m probably only going to run 1 battery at a time so its not over powered and burning up the tires all the time.

i have a few. mostly brusless cars and a slash. im into helicopters mostly just got a new one. 66" long :lol:

That is prolly my fav to mess around with…

That quadcopter is awesome! Whats the heli you h ave thats 66" long? 4 channel?

How long have you had a slash and what do you think about it?
How does it hold up on jumps and crashes?
Have you had any issues with it?

Actriczap has a pretty siq crawler but I havent seen him post on here in a while

I’ve been itching to pull mine out and use them in the snow.

Hpi savage and rs4 MT

I have a brushless pede, axial wraith, losi MRC, and a mini e-revo

I’ve got an HPI blitz 1/10 short course truck with some extras that I’d like to get rid of. Upgraded steering servo and controller. Last time I tried to drive it it wasn’t working. Not enough time or care to figure it out. I’d sell it for relatively cheap if any one wants it

How much are you looking for? Any thoughts what happened last time you tried to use it?

No idea. I thought it was good to go; went to use it at chrismtas for some laughs and it wouldnt move. The wheels will turn but the throttle won’t work. Everything seems to turn on just fine, just no forward movement. Last time I used it during the summer it worked fine so I don’t think it’s the motor but I don’t want to spend time or money diagnosing and fixing it.

I’ve got a few hundred into all of it. I’d say $200 for everything OBO just to get some of my money back. Includes a couple lipo batteries, battery charger, extra set of wheels and tires, extra spring setups, new spektrum controller and quick steering servo, bag for the truck. Shoot me an offer and see what I say. It’s just taking up space right now. The charger and truck alone were almost $300. The new controller was not used a few times.

If you get it to work it would be a fun truck for a little kid or just as much fun for an adult. I only used it a few times at the rc track in Elma and had a blast with just small changes to the truck.

I had a sidewinder back in the day, like 13 years ago, fucking awesome

Hpi Baja 5t
Associated SC8
Traxxas slash 4x4
Associated T4 stadium truck
Hpi Rs4 mt
Xray M18t
Traxxas slash/revo/rally 1/16
Vendetta St
Associated SC18
Jammin crt.5
Losi 1/24 rally
Losi mini T
Losi sc 18
Losi micro T truck
Losi micro crawler

Probably more I’m forgetting, i sold a bunch and got rid of all my nitro stuff.

I got mine out last night and coated the entire thing full of snow. haha I couldnt keep it straight worth shit, just drifting around. I would have tried more, but I was freezing my nuts off last night after I got the thing.

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

lol well I found someones hobby on here. damn you have a lot. I do want a rally car as well.

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

Only thing I found with this Traxxas Slash doing something similar to what you are saying… sometimes it could be a Throttle trim, or because of sitting for a long time, the batteries maybe didnt have a good charge or holding a charge. I’m not an expert by any means, but thats where I would at least start.

You can just buy the parts for your slash and make it the rally version. I have parts to make it slash, revo or rally, it’s the same chassis.

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

I’ll post some pics later, getting ready for the track tonight.

Yeah, I know about that. I’ll probably do that. Do you know exactly what I need to change to make it a rally?

Things I know: Arms, rims/tires, body. Do you need a different drive shafts, shocks, steering arms. Not sure what I’m missing.

I would just do tires, bumpers and body… I leave the wider arms on and you can change springs/ shock oil Wt.

Here is a few…

http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae318/donkeyballs69/IMG_20130122_162917.jpg

Let me know if you can take any photos of what the Slash looks like when in a rally setup. Just want to get an idea of what I’d be dealing with.

If I wanted to change it to the E-revo, what needs to be changed if you change the Arms? Guessing the Drive shafts are needing to be longer, along with the suspension arm. I have the mini revo tires but it stands to tall and will roll to easy on stock setup for a slash.

This is for sale - rtf Blade MCX - $65

http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?235872-RTF-Blade-MCX-all-etra-parts-to-rebuild.

I need to stop buying things. Just bought a RTF Blade MSRX yesterday. lol Fun little guy. Quick as shit and will take some training on flying this and not crashing it.