RC Car enthusiasts please enter

Im just curious what everyone has as far as radio controlled vehicles go. I started out with EP and nitro boats, then stadium trucks, and now I have a HPI RS4 Pro3 and a Savage 25SS. I will post pics later… Lets see what ya got!

My Pro3 mods
-Dual rate springs
-Chrome 5 star wheels w/ X pattern radials
-Novak 5800 brushless motor and speed control
-Orion 6 cell 3600mah battery
-48 pitch carbon spur gear and alloy pinion
-Airtronics radio gear
-98-02 Pontiac Trans Am body with Tamiya green metallic paint
Beater set up:

New Body ;D

I really hate my GFs digital camera! :headbang

Savage 25 SS: Stock and beat!

how cute it matches your real car :tong :lol

Wait til you see the pics… its almost a perfect match ;D

Too bad the real one isnt mid engine AWD

Joe, You know what my collection looked like ;D

Current ride,

HPI RS4 Racer2
HPI .18SS
5 spoke chrome wheels, V pattern radials
Turbo composite exhaust
2 speed trans on the way!
CF and aluminum everything :banana
JR XR2i Radio

How is that HPI doing? It ran like a champ for me. You need a body my friend. Get this one and make it look like your CRX HPI Toyota Levin Body

That is pretty close to the CRX. I can’t find anyone that makes the crx body. I was going to pick up a ek civic one. I wanted the hatch but they only had them for the rs4-mini.

plus they are discontiued :sad

Gah I had such a sick couple cars.

My last little piece of pride and joy was my drifter, sooo sick specs were as follows:

Yokomo MR4TC SSG Roller (Silver Carbon omg i love it)
Lunsford Ti Turnbuckles, Aluminum Front Steering knuckles, 3 sets of ALLOY wheels (one set with abs pipe for drifting (low speed/showy stuff), one set had hard rubber drift tires (for high speed drifts) one set with advan a032 replicas made by HPI, bunch of other hop ups as well.
Novak Brushless System (ESC+BL Motor) 6300 iirc, the ‘stock’ 27 turn equivalent)
Bunch of matched 3300 nimh packs
Cheap Futaba t2peka FM radio
HiTec high speed bb servo
2 bodies, both out of the tamiya drift series, one s13 that was just blue with a silver backcoat, my beater body…also a fd body that was painted a transparent black, then i sprayed solver over the backing and it gave it this awesomely deep finish that was black until you got close, then you could see the metallic almost flake…my best body evar.

I miss the hobby haha

revo fully modified 1/10

mini lst modded 1/18

mint modded 1/18

t-max stock 1/10

traxxis bandit 1/10

black foot stock 1/10

optima outlaw 1/10

rayco jack rabbit stock 1/4
rayco jack rabbit far from stock 1/4

rc-10 1/10

jrx 2 1/10

jrx t 1/10

i dont feel like typing any more!!lol

I used to have a traxxas nitro 4tec 2.5
sold it a year ago

i have a traxxas nitro russtler if anyone is interested??

All car are nitro powered, no gay electric

Custom On-Road Race car Built by me

-Over 200 hours invested
-2 (yes 2) Savage 4.6 Big Blocks
-2 speed tranny.
-RS4 -3 AWD system
-HISpeed servos all around
-CNC chassis (by me at high school in 05)
-5 spoke rims w/Firestone tires
-Savage suspension
—More to list just forgot, top speed so far is 97.34 mph. o and i forgot, thats only in first gear ;D ::slight_smile:

2008 model HPI Baja 5a

-Lets just say its stock :lol

Hpi Rs4 - 2 AWD

-Nitro Star .15FE…Soon to be replaced by big block savage motor w/2 speed tranny
-Dynamite Fuel filter
-Upgraded Front Diff Plate
-Upgraded Front Arms
-Upgraded Front Suspension
-All new Belts
-Custom Intake
-Custom Exhaust

Body:
-Custom Skyline GTR R34 Currently painting as i type.
-L.E.D Kit

Wheels/Tires
-Stock Hpi white rims and tires
-2 Work Meister S1 Rims --Front
-2 Work Meister S1 Rims 9mm Offset --Rear
-50+ Full Rubber Sushi drift tires

HPI Nitro Rush Evo 2wd

-.15 H.O
-Dynamite Fuel filter
-HPI Tuned Exhaust
-Upgraded Front Suspension
-Upgraded Rear Suspension
-Custom Intake
-Savage Rims/Tires (on a snowy/ muddy day ;D )

Kyosho Ultima GT 2WD

-GX-15 Engine
-Kyosho Tuned pipe
-2 speed tranny
-Upgraded servos all around
-Upgraded supsension all around

^Hard to mod, since they discontiued in '04. and i bought in '03

I love Electric. Especially now with brushless systems my car needs any maintenance besides cleaning and I never have to tune anything. It never randomly dies on me or has to be dialed in for changing conditions. I just throw a battery in it and beat it. Im not into the hobby enough to stay into nitro cars. They are fun but not for me. Besides, my electric car is twice as fast as my last nitro.

I also dont like cutting holes in my bodies.

I call BS on 94mph, what did you verify this with? I geared a TC3 with a trinity d4 (iirc) 7 turn motor to do ~85mph and it got there, and then as soon as i let off the throttle it went bat shit insane and flipped 40 times, that would get real expensive with an open wheel setup…

i used to race and actually looking to get back into things, only thing holding me back is i dont know anyone around here. Used to race 1/8 buggies, 1/10 MT and 1/10 ST. Ill post a list when i get out of this meeting

DUDE me too!

You ever try carpet 1/10 touring? It’s a fuckin BLAST.

Used to have a Traxxas T-Maxx and a Team HP(don’t remember the name) Monster GT…so fast :nod both nitro

sold them both

had a nitro Tmaxx a long time ago… fun truck

the only thing I like about nitro cars is the sound

Yah i was one of the first 5 people (out of my hobby shop) to get the first edition of the tmaxx back in spring 98/99. Truck was amazing, all downhill from there. Thousands of dollars spent (1500 just into that tmaxx). Then got into racing. So much fun, and a big adrenaline rush considering your just standing there. Nothing beats nitro! Granted electric is quiet and now lasts almost as long as nitro if not longer. The power is there to now with this brushless stuff i keep hearing about. I go out of the hobby in 04’ when i turned 18 and bought my DSM…hmm wonder where all my money went? Id have to say the best thing was 1/8 scale buggies, man they could take beatings like there was no tmrw. Then Truggys became popular. As i was getting out the Savage was coming out/getting big IIRC. Its good to see local guys into it, the only thing ive never owned was a on road nitro. I see out of the box there 70+mph now, 50+ was the shit when i was in. I dont know if onroad would be fun for me, id me to tempted to hit jumps. However unless someone else locally had one and we could hit up crossgates parking lot and race them. Competition hobby is all dirt tracks, and very small. My buggies were to big for that place, even my maxx was but i guess its revamped?

For the record, fastest nitro on road did a tad over 100mph IIRC. I tihnk thats pointless, because for starters they had to use a airplane runway just to get it up to speed. What fun is that?