RC Drifting

hey ane one here into r/c, cuz am the admin of www.rcdriftnation.com and this summer well be organizing one main event wich is rc driftnation, but maybe more, this summer well be praticing alot at a local hobbyshop over here in mississauga called boytoys, located on matheson and mavis, ill post more info wen the season comes up, and maybe u guys could come out and check us out and maybe even join us lol

I think most people have life size cars to drift on this forum, rc cars just dont cut it.

yeah, its true.

but im sure you can have a few kicks out of this

kuroi has an rc car of his real version car!

w00t tandem rc and real car drifting

I can’t believe how expensive those things are.

yeah… my Tamiya TA04 trf edition drifts nice when you diable to front belt and run MR, but it needs some weight in the front to balance out.

I think I’ve spent a little over $1200 on the chassis, hop ups, bodies, and servos. but it’s fun fun.

^___^

I used to be heavy into R/C when I was a bit younger, I wouldn’t mind coming out to an even to check it out!

I used to have a couple planes and I still have my USA-1 (Big ass 4wd 4ws R/C truck)

Ya I remember having a ton of stuff, I jsut wishg I kept my Team Associate T3 Team truck

haha wow i cant get over how many of us were into rc.

i used to be HUGE into it… 8 years working a hobby shop in markham too…

lol i used to own up to 6 of one car just to have different set ups for different tracks lol

GT

yep, they are exspensive but if you hit a wall parts are cheaper haha

geek

HAHA…

geek[/quote]

when ur 14 years old and you have a near full time job in a hobby shop… what else would you spend ur money on…

GT

WOW its like looking in the mirror

geek[/quote]

when ur 14 years old and you have a near full time job in a hobby shop… what else would you spend ur money on…

GT[/quote]

geek[/quote]

GT[/quote]

lol upgrade your bycicle with some flared fenders, titanium gears, disk brakes, pneumatic shocks, and of course, an under-seat cd player, than you’ll be pimping all the girls in your elementary with your tight, one-wheel-rear-drive vehicle

at one point i had 4 cars, 2 electric one gas and a truck, and a boat then i sold them all except my Hpi then i got rid of it, and i miss them all :cry:

lol i have a Tamiya TB evo III, TB02, TT01 and a TL01-LA… cept my hobby ended since tha local tracks closed down :cry:

yea i dont know why the local tracks went away.

the closest one now is oakville

GT

tha one that advanced hobbies was about to open, (near elesmere and birchmount.) i heard that they are getting sued for making too much noise or sumthing so it closed… dunno if thats true tho.

haha dont even get me started on advance hobbies and their tracks that they are opening.

or anyone for that mattter

ive ‘heard’ of probly 14 tracks around the gta opening… some do some dont… and if they do… they generally get shut down faily quickly becuase they try to run onroad gas sedan INSIDE… thats a bad idea…

as for advance setting up a track… i doubt they ever will… they’ve tryed many times but nothing has ever come of it…

the guys who used to run toronto rc (rc champ) wanted to get a new track going but the problem that they and many others had was that if you open a track… DO NOT EXPECT TO MAKE MONEY… itll never happen in canada…

even martin crisp (rich bitch rc dude) didnt want to bother opening a track cus he knew it would never fly…

GT