Red Rocket vs. Hometown Hero

I don’t know if it’s a big deal to make one thread for two cars, instead of one per car. I know what the rules say, but I’, just guessing it’s not a big deal unless you make multiple threads for on car.

So here’s the 86. Stuck at home in Seattle.
stock:
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r174/Englshmadesimple/ae86/61_1.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r174/Englshmadesimple/ae86/4ac.jpg
4ac carb’d engine

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r174/Englshmadesimple/ae86/l_e7faccc5e8b55d926202437996fb65-1.jpg

Engine:
20v 4age silvertop with individual throttle bodies.
TRD headgasket
OBX header
VW dellorto velocity stacks
RX7 FC coilpacks
Spark wires
Battery relocated to trunk
Modified water pump (4ac front, 20v rear)
Rerouted water lines, modified head
240sx coolant temp housing
Megasquirt I v 3.0 dual spark output chips *edit (now 3.57, pull-up resistors)
GTS exhaust
T3 test pipe

Drivetrain:
Blacktop flywheel (10.5lbs compared to 25lbs stock)
Exedy clutch (just oem replacement)
GTS bellhousing

Supsension:
14” Supras
Swift Springs 8kg F 6kg R
KYB AGX
T3 strut spacer
AW11 manual steering rack
Battle Version NCRCA

Interior:
Bride Low Max
Bride FG rails
SPW wheel
T3 short shifter
STi titanium shift knob

Now for the car you guys actually care about:

240sx: Car at school, in the 518. It’s obnoxiously red. hate it. *EDIT more pictures like you guys asked… long overdue

SR20det red top (235rwhp @12psi, says at the flywheel, but that’s wrong)
4 some sort of aftermarket rim (whats on the rear wheels)
2 Konigs Next
GReddy oil pan
GReddy front mount
Apexi Neo
Koyo radiator
E-fan Perma Cool
GReddy BOV
Tanabe cat back
JIC coilovers
Whiteline sway bars
Megan tie rods
G-force camlock harness
Origin aero
Unknown header
Kaaz 2-way lsd
Exedy stage 2 clutch
Slotted rotors
Hawk pads
+more

Can’t wait to meet more of you guys.

The “Red Rocket” (Horrible name BTW) is gorgeous. More pics!

yeah the “Red Rocket” is very nice, and that '86 looks like it’s come a long way, really nice. :thumb

yeah dude I know. well i hate the red anyways. any suggestions?

Hey nice to see you on here, This is jeff BTW, i sold you the passenger plastic. glad to see the 240 in sunslight finally. if you need any help or just wanna chill, ill be in troy all week.

pretty sweet how the forums are active. Yeah, I’ve got a couple tests this week, and my oil dipstick is blowing oil out onto the headers, so I’ve got to find a new oil catch can that lowers the crank pressures before I can drive and hit boost…

unless I want to start a fire.

Ive got some pics of you auto crossing the 240 from a few weeks ago…
I had one of the Green Integras

Oh yeah? we just had another one today.that’s when this oil fiasco occurred. I got to drive the other Green Integra. I was actually waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay impressed. Your cars stay flat and brake real well. Are you thinking of coming again?

But yeah Jeff, I’ll give you a call sometime if I’m working on the car. We’ll see, I think I just got the PCV shipped to my home address in seattle :headbang

beautiful car man…

Damn that fooking thing is bright

Yep ill pry be there next weekend.
I just had some stuff to do yesterday.

Welcome to the forums!

That’s quite the build, I love the paint color, work done, attention to detail and the build itself.

Oh, and the 240 isn’t bad either :tong

i care more about the 86 :nod

Honestly X2.

The 240, from the looks of it is already done right and can even be considered “done” at this point in time.

The 86 is just badass, there is another member on here with one (RTtrack), now if only he got on with his build…

Great car selection by the way :thumb

I also have a soft spot for the 86. My mechanics have had maybe 4-5 of those things. Everytime I would show up they seemed to have another one they were tinkering with. Good stuff.

the guys from ballston spa?

Yep! They actually competed real serious in drifting events a few years back… No sponsors no towing the cars there, they just drove the 86’s to the events, beat the piss out of them and drove them back. Eric actually placed 8th at a major canadian event. Too bad that shit is way to expensive, I’d love to have seen them continue that.

I’d like to do a couple events, do they still have the shop out by Curtis Lumber?

I know the guy with the red coupe with color-matched wheels lives out on 50 in glenville.

yeah they sure do… I was up there a few weeks ago. Really cool guys. I was thinking of giving it a shot for fun once or twice as well.

sorry for the thread hi-jack :banana

yeah, I wish i could have the cars switch places. Here at school I have so many resources to work on cars, which I don’t have at home. But I might be getting a project car here for free: a first gen integra.

Whoa events?!!?!???!?!?!?!??!?!?!?! WHERE WHEN?!?