Red Rocket vs. Hometown Hero

wow jeff you are on this guys balls :gay :lmao

At the auto-X was understeering soooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad. Need to lower front tire pressure. Also, oil dipstick blew out again, spilling oil onto the header. Really need to fix that before it starts a fire.

E-fan gave out on the way back from the auto-X. Car over heats. Going to check damage (probably none, always moving until i had to parallel park) and replace this week.

So this week before the Auto-X
-lower front tire pressure to 35psi
-electric fan
-underbody rubber coat
-tighten steering wheel
-tighten harness
-remove rear seats
-oil filter relocation
-change oil
-Reroute and install new oil catch can

holy shit fedex is fast. I just got the fan today and i ordered it Sunday night. I didn’t order overnight or anything.

no fed ex sucks, the warehouse is probably close by

trust me I used to work there

Yeah I had 4 or 5 friends who worked at one back home. They would talk about throwing packages at each other. Or stacking packages 18’ tall. Kicking shit.

yeah. I know. Still my fan is undamaged and can quickly.

So at the last autoX at school I had some left over rt615s from a friend, they sucked I had no grip so I drifted all day. Definitely doing that again. Also, my car caught on fire. Pretty sweet. The blow-by caused the dip stick to pop out and spill oil onto my headers. Luckily autoX runs are short.

last night

• I rerouted all the oil catch can lines so it should flow fine
  • My gas gauge works. Baffling broke off and got caught on the fuel float. I stuck my hands into the tank and did origami with it to pull it out the fuel pump hole.

Too bad there’s no video. These are the only pictures… and none of them are entry, just all exit… wtf! so much fail. So if anyone wants to come next time and actually take good pictures… please do so.
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r174/Englshmadesimple/240sx/n1088640012_30043903_4772.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r174/Englshmadesimple/240sx/n515553560_878526_4482.jpg

*EDIT mid corner understeer sucks for exiting a drift. If I’m countersteering and floor it, usually you’d expect the car to rotate more, apparently not if you’re in first and you have no front grip. The front end would wash out and then I’d start going wide to the outside of the corner. So I need to disconnect the enormous front sway bar (like Expedition size), stiffen the rear springs, get a stiffer rear bar, or all three. Before we run in the spring.

Then, because of the blow-by I turned boost down to stock 8psi. So I was down on power, but 2nd gear just sucks (at least on this course, corners were too tight).

At least I have time to work this shit out.

**EDIT also note the lack of angle. I have no trouble getting angle on the entry, but the exit is just a mess… first pic is decent.

nice.
i never got an email about the last autoX…

I was under the impression that was a one time thing. Either way it’s up to Adam. If you want to run again talk to him. I’m not sure what’s going to happen cause we had a ~23 car field just students and two alumni. Which is rather large for us.

https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo23/6a/67/99600d2a0f66.jpeg This was in my tank.

In your gas tank? :wow

yeah… apparently it’s common.

I don’t even know what it does.

It looks like a baffle that also stabilizes the sending unit/pump.

so that’s what the baffling does? kinda holds the pump in place?

I’ve got bad and good news.

Bad news: The 86 will not be coming out here… (I know I know, I can hear everyone booing)

Good news: This is because two days ago I got the call to fly down Nov 20th to Raymond OH for an interview with Honda R&D. SO excited. Even better news, Honda requires you to have a car to get to work. That coupled with the fact OH has an awesome drift scene (many events are free!)… yeah I see an awesome summer in the works.

So I really need to get this job.

Awesome man! I always wanted to go into automotive myself but now I’m in the power industry…

I hope this interview leads to a good internship for ya… Then you have a good foundation to follow your passion and work in the automotive industry- if that’s where you wanna be. Honda seems to be doing ok as a company (despite the economy) hopefully better once they get their diesel isht out.

PS I’ll hit you up for a discount on a '12 Type R one day- don’t forget. Haha

Thanks man,

You got any tips? I’m getting kinda nervous.

PMed you. Hit me up if you have any questions.

Good seeing you over the weekend Archie.

not car progress.

Sharpie.

Likewise man.

Pretty bada$$ work on the helmet. As an added bonus no one will think it’s a rental helmet anymore.

You actually driving the car around this winter? What about the 325, any news?

No I talked to him when he moved in and told me he sold it over the summer. i was disappointed to say the least.

reading my last post that made no sense. My roommate was the one who was supposed to sell me the car. He sold it before I got the chance to stop him.

I’ve already put the car away for winter.

So for something new I ordered up a set of these…
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/2zumeunos/IMG_1090.jpg

yup, got the co-op.