Ron Paul 2nd in Nevada Caucus right now!

Cliffs: They don’t want you growing your own (medical or otherwise) maryjane, but they’ll gladly regulate, tax and force you to use their own watered down version of Kindbud grown in a cave in Mississippi.

Ok…learn how taxes work, and who foots the bill…ok?

“Suppose that every day 10 men go to a restaurant for dinner. The bill for all ten comes to $100. If it was paid the way we pay our taxes, the first four men would pay nothing; the fifth would pay $1; the sixth would pay $3; the seventh $7; the eighth $12; the ninth $18. The tenth man (the richest) would pay $59.”

The 10 men ate dinner in the restaurant every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement until the owner threw them a curve. “Since you are all such good customers,” he said, “I’m going to reduce the cost of your daily meal by $20.” Now dinner for the 10 only costs $80. The first four are unaffected. They still eat for free. Can you figure out how to divvy up the $20 savings among the remaining six so that everyone gets his fair share? The men realize that $20 divided by 6 is $3.33, but if they subtract that from everybody’s share, then the fifth man and the sixth man would end up being paid to eat their meal.

The restaurant owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man’s bill by roughly the same percentage, being sure to give each a break, and he proceeded to work out the amounts each should pay. And so now the fifth man paid nothing, the sixth pitched in $2, the seventh paid $5, the eighth paid $9, the ninth paid $12, leaving the tenth man with a bill of $52 instead of $59.

Outside the restaurant, the men began to compare their savings. “I only got a dollar out of the $20,” complained the sixth man, pointing to the tenth, “and he got $7!”

“Yeah, that’s right,” exclaimed the fifth man. “I only saved a dollar, too. It’s unfair that he got seven times more than me!”

“That’s true,” shouted the seventh man. “Why should he get $7 back when I got only $2? The wealthy get all the breaks!”

“Wait a minute,” yelled the first four men in unison. “We didn’t get anything at all. The system exploits the poor.”

Then, the nine men surrounded the tenth man (the richest one, paying the most) and beat him up. The next night the richest man didn’t show up for dinner, so now the nine men sat down and ate without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important. They were $52 short!

“And that, boys, girls and college instructors, is how America’s tax system works. The people who pay the highest taxes get the most benefit from a tax reduction. Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they just may not show up at the table any more. There are lots of good restaurants in Switzerland and the Caribbean.”

That’s why they save more, stop bitching.

source?

I welcome the day, I like to pay my own way, and I’m sick of the freeloading losers who I pay for every freaking paycheck…next question…

Please show me where the founding fathers promoted a “social contract.” I seem to remember something quite different.

That’s EXACTLY what you support with Hilary’s plan. To create jobs by spending tax dollars, and tear down the “evil rich people” who don’t pay their “fair share.”

Federal taxing and spending has been screwing this country since FDR, and it’s not going to stop anytime soon with any of the “front runners.”

You need to read “1984” hoss. Having government control all medicine will be the end of this nation.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a61/downshiftartist/avatars/1201166158661.gif

Did you even read your social contract Wiki page?
First, there’s no mention of the American founders. Second…this is how it starts.

The term social contract describes a broad class of philosophical theories whose subjects are the implied agreements by which people form nations and maintain a social order. In laymen’s terms, this means that the people give up some rights to a government in order to receive social order.

THEORIES…that require people to give up rights. Ben Franklin warned against exactly that. You’re on crack if you think the founders intended anything of the sort. They knew that Liberty was the solution.

A free people [claim] their rights as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate.
Thomas Jefferson, Rights of British America, 1774

They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

I consider the foundation of the Constitution as laid on this ground that ‘all powers not delegated to the United States, by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states or to the people.’ To take a single step beyond the boundaries thus specially drawn around the powers of Congress, is to take possession of a boundless field of power, not longer susceptible of any definition.
Thomas Jefferson

How do you like the 10th amendment now Kilmer? Take it from a founder, not some modern interpreter.

Social contract?

I think we have more machinery of government than is necessary, too many parasites living on the labor of the industrious.
Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Ludlow, September 6, 1824

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.
Thomas Jefferson, letter to Archibald Stewart, Dec 23, 1791

There are many more, but I have to get to work.

-Social contract
-Implied powers (of Congress)
and plenty of other BS has been invented and inserted into our educational system by people who disagree with the founders views of absolute liberty. That’s why they brainwash people like you and I with it.

That has become abundantly clear. You support modern group-think, not the principles upon which this country was founded.

Basic principles of life aren’t the same as the founding fathers had. (Similar to how the bible doesn’t apply to todays standards) We don’t have the same problems they did. The original text of the Constitution generated some opposition on the ground that it did not include adequate guarantees of civil liberties. The “bill of rights” spells out the immunities of individual citizens.

I disagree on all points. The basic principles of life are the same. Have you ever heard the phrase “power corrupts…” ? I hope I don’t have to finish it for you. The founders knew human nature, and that a government too large would always end up oppressing the people because of the human condition, greed, power, etc. (if you want to bring in the Bible, it would be called “sin”) That is why the government should fear the people, rather than us fearing the government. I am not going to try to convince you that that level of freedom is better. I know it’s better for me, and it is the way the country was founded.

The fact that you disagree and want a nanny state is your own personal belief system. It just so happens that your beliefs clash with the U.S. Constitution and the intentions of the founders.

The bill of rights refers to the first 10 amendments, and they’re an integral part of our government. They weren’t added 10 years later, they began the process the same year they ratified the Constitution, and all of the states completed ratification 2 years later in 1791, which was pretty quick given the speed of communication back then.

Patrick Henry said “Give me Liberty or give me death.” That’s pretty blunt. The founders left no room for negotiation when it came to the power of government. The fact that people in congress (Hilary, Obama) want to use government (meaning tax dollars taken from the working class) to pay for the “greater good” doesn’t mean that’s good, right, or even legal according to the Constitution.

They knew EXACTLY what we would face.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
Thomas Jefferson

No government ought to be without censors; and where the press is free no one ever will.
Thomas Jefferson

Sit down tonight and research the CFR or Council on Foreign Relations, and tell me if you still think the press is free.

Sometimes it is said that man cannot be trusted with the government of himself. Can he, then be trusted with the government of others? Or have we found angels in the form of kings to govern him? Let history answer this question.
Thomas Jefferson

I’d rather govern myself thank you very much, particularly when it comes to medicine.

The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground.
Thomas Jefferson

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson

When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, we shall become as corrupt as Europe.
Thomas Jefferson

There’s nothing that new happening today. They had both insurance and banking then. This isn’t Star-Trek, our society is very similar.