Ron Paul for President UPDATE

Here’s some interesting things that have been going on with the Ron Paul for President campaign. Obviously McCain thinks that he has the nomination sewed up. This couldn’t be further from the truth. As we speak, the revolution is taking control of state caucuses all over the United States. As I’m sure you all well know, it is NOT the voters who decide the candidate, but the delegates. Ron Paul supporters are coming out in droves to these usually overlooked state elections. So even though McCain or Romney or another candidate may have actually won the popular vote in the state, the Ron Paul people are the ones showing up to get elected to these delegate positions, and can therefore (in some cases) go against the popular vote and vote for Paul at the national convention.

Is it likely that we will be able to secure the nomination away from McCain? No. But it is an excellent way to continue to push the GOP back to it’s conservative values, and away from it’s big business/war trumpeting values that it has come to stand for as of late.

Here’s an interesting article about what is happenning in Missouri:

Ron Paul supporters take charge of state caucus elections in Missouri:
http://www.kansascity.com/153/story/535453.html

Dr. Paul and his supporters are planning a large march on Washington sometime this summer. I would urge all of you that are fed up with the way things are going to make the trip down. I’ll probably be getting a hotel room, so anyone that wants to will have a place to crash. I do not believe they have set a date yet though.

And finally, here’s a really REALLY impressive CGI Ron Paul message that was put together by some of his supporters. Please check it out. Even of you dont like him, you’ll think it’s fucking badass.

http://www.hightidepromo.com/large.html

I’ll be up for the DC trip.

Hes the only one I would vote for, but christ. he has no chance. Face the facts. The 2 party system in this country is garbage.

The video’s content is OK, but the animation is a little creapy.

In for DC.

:bowdown:

I agree, but its what we have to work with right now, so let’s try and make at least one of the two parties not suck so bad.

considering that it was just a couple of kids that put it together on their own, I think it’s pretty fantastic.

:bowdown:

lets just say for a sec paul would get the nomination… who’s his running mate?

Kurt Russel, Maybe Clint Eastwood or Drew Carey, all of them are Libertarians.

Barry Goldwater, Jr.

I would probably be up for a DC trip as well. I’ve always wanted to visit, anyways.

Cool video.

I was going to watch the video, but was distracted by the McCain banner on pittspeed.

i’m sure the 3 preteen Guatemalan boys playing hide the vanilla tootsie roll under your desk had nothing to do with it.

:owned:

did anyone catch the score of the pirate game?

No but I heard they’re starting on their downward spiral already, just as anticipated.

Kind of like Ron Paul’s campaign :slight_smile:

:tool:

I have nothing against the guy… hell I think he is better than all the other idiots… but the truth is… he is beat… he should just wrap it up. You should pull off the bumper stickers, erase your sig pic, erase your default myspace pic, pack it up hold your head down low and admit defeat.

So instead of continuing to push the party in the direction of a candidate that holds the same values as you, me, and Ron Paul, we should just give up and exclude ourselves from the process? A fire has been lit. Now, the question is should we dump some gasoline on it to keep if going, or say fuck it and leave it to smolder out.

Saturday night at midnight is the official date on which you can put signs on public property for the upcoming primary. Kittanning will be fucking plastered with them by the end of the weekend.