S14 Race Car Update

Put steel wool in the catch can to give oil something to atomize and form droplets on. Otherwise the vapors may just be pulled back out as easily as they entered…

Sasha, if you are badly looking for that mere vacuum (2-3psi) and stuck up having your filter directly on the turbo, maybe make like a 1 inch sleeve between the filter/turbo with a tap for it ? Just a suggestion.

was thinking about it, but its not worth it and not really a big deal

the system worked perfectly all year last year, and i dont see it being a problem this year at similar boost levels.

bob since the s14 sr has a catch can and block drain built in to it, all i need the catch can for is for the rules (you remember the dasani bottle), so if it starts filling up then i know theres huge trouble

got the car under 1000kg today

now thats satisfying

now if only i can keep it that light with me in it!

still have a few weight reducing things in store, but im also gonna add some weight too :frowning: to give you an idea:

adding weight:

adding onto cage
duct work for brakes and radiator
underbody paneling and diffusers

removing weight:

lexan windows
aluminum or cf driveshaft
cf hood

you want weight savings? check this baby out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-98-Nissan-240sx-S14-Carbon-Fiber-Fuel-Door-Gas-Lid_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33642QQhashZitem300064805172QQihZ020QQitemZ300064805172QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW#ebayphotohosting

:-/

only 60$ what a friggin deal. Cant you get cf doors and trunks now too?

thats bawlaaaa

but im going dry break :open_mouth:

http://www.raceinspired.com/pc-1679-42-seibon-carbon-fiber-door-style-oem-nissan-240sx-s14-1995-1998.aspx

i saw those

they are gangster, but dont have 2000$ for 10lb weight savings right now, so i just skinned my doors as best as i could

woaah, that is baller but mad pricey, you think for that much carbon fiber it would be a lot less than 2000 dollars.

so if you don’t have vacuum, how does the brake booster work?

there is vaccum in the throttle body, but only when the throttle is closed. conveniently that is the only time you need the brakes

little more work today

http://www.ziptied.com/forum/files/picture_241_medium_185.jpg

Yeah …

You can always run a one-way valve so that the catch can sees vacuum whenever the motor is making it.

Sandra’s looking good dude.

Maybe stripping the 30-lbs of gold lamé paint from the cage would help save some weight :wink:

But damn, now I know why Gold is the huffer’s choice.

The Indy should be pretty crazy with you touring guys ripping it up.

Hopefully you put on a better show than the drift demo. But the fans do love the carnage

Sasha what you need to do is learn how to make a CF mould and just do some retro CF doors (and fenders and trunk and roof and dash and… you get the point) of your own :slight_smile:

As fair as I know it’s pretty darn easy to do and very similar to fiberglassing, I’m sure it’s difficult to do it sp it ‘looks’ really nice but strength and weight wise I can’t imagine would be too bad. Doors should be cake!

thanks matt

to do it right you really need to vaccum bag it as far as i know

my buddy does carbon molds and whatnot at his shop in caledon, the problem is carbon and resin keeps getting more and more expensive :frowning:

Stupid US military is buying it all up.

Or at least that’s the story I’ve been hearing.

You could probably use a vacuum reservoir or a vacuum pump, but again, way too much effort for a system that as you said is ‘extra’.

You could pirate the vacuum pump from a Nissan cruise control setup … but now we’re getting into ghetto fab for a previously mentioned ‘not-necessary’ system.

V8 guys have this problem with big cams. Anything over 300º duration = no engine vacuum.

Nothing like finding out your 500hp engine makes 500hp, but not enough vacuum to work your brake booster.

Sasha is that valvecover powdercoated? Looks hot, I love that satin finish.

Dam shit looks sick…I want some pics when the new wheels arrive.

Nice work!

your engine bay looks awesome! What kind of paint did you spray the bay with?

:confused:

So you don’t Heel/toe?

What is that red shit on the side of the intake mani? Kind of look like coilpacks?