'09 S14 Drift Car Build

I have started the build on a new S14 Drift car. I will be posting pics throughout the build of the car. I just picked it up from the fabricator today so I thought I would snap a few pics. It will be going in for paint tomorrow! Note the custom wheel wells and the amount of metal missing from the car. Several hundred pounds have been dropped! Oh, and by the way, no mild steel tubing in this car. Everything is CHROMOLY!!! And the TIG welds are beautiful :slight_smile:

Is this the LS2 s14 i’ve been hearing about?

change all the html <a href… to LINK

c’mon briggs! wtf man!!!

either do direct links, or straight upload, cuz html doesnt work for me atleast…

Holy shit… is that suede on the dash of a RACE CAR?

jesus, baller out of control.

Haha, looks crazyy dude.
Alot different from when I first saw it in the garage lmao

Whats next after paint?
Any other custom details, before the motor pops in?

As you see there is no engine in the car yet. I am still deciding what motor + tranny to install. I am leaning towards a LS series motor. Most likely that or SR. I will have a few days to think about it while the car is getting painted.

If you can source one… LS7…

This car is gorgeous. Are we going to see lexan bent doorglass and windshields?

holy shit, this is what u did to that s14, damn.

You cannot see well in the pictures but the only windows on the car right now are the rear quarter windows and yes they are lexan fastened by zeus fastners for easy removal on a warm day :slight_smile: The front windshied is missing so I left the rear windshield off while transporting it today. I didn’t think it would be a good idea to have the wind hitting the rear windshield without a front windshield to block the force. As of now, I don’t have frames built to hold side windows. I may look into that. But yes, all windows are Lexan except the front windshield which will be OEM glass.

Try to protect the dash from direct sunlight for long periods of time. Suede really cant take a beating from the sun.

its not suede

Briggers…looking insane dude.

Was this done locally? If so that has to be a Ronnie O’Brien cage…his stuff is incredible.

correct

i have never seen such a nice cage

its 100% worth every penny

I am very impressed, great work Mr. briggs (aka My neighbor)

nice cage! can’t wait to see it done… just don’t hit any walls again=P

If you’re going LSx. It would be best NOT to paint until you have all the fitting issues worked out. As you’ll most likely ding it up nicely.

Im not sure which route I’m going yet in terms of powerplant but I already dropped the car off to the body shop yesterday to avoid the snow storm that was supposed to hit today. They will be starting on it Monday morning.

Sickkk car cant wait to see it on the track