Drift Mania

Its not called mania for a reason, 3 cars went into the wall, 2 blown motors, what a crazy day

congrats to kendrick he absolutly killed it competing with guys with double his power, super super super smooth and insanely consitent you were awesome dude!!

I was one of the guys to blow my motor unfortunatly, map sensor logged 9psi when the car was really at 16psi so not sure whats happening there exactly, anyways congrats again kendrick

does anyone have pictures or video’s?

You blew your motor??? what EMS are you running?

^^^ AEM EMS

1622-U

it wasn’t an ems failure it was a sensor failure i think i was drawing too much current off the 5v sensor wire and at high boost pressure the map sensor was only seeing 4~v

Normally it is 5v on a 3bar map sensor that would mean that 16psi is right about 2bar which is 2/3s of 5v so 3.33333v

if it was seeing 4v the return to the ems would have only been 2/3rds of 4v which would have been 2.664v

2.664v would correspond to about 8.79psi of boost - EXACTLY what my AEM logs read the voltage as being.

Funny how such a ball park estimation shows the EXACT scenario we saw take place today, lesson for today? Run DEDICATED 5v power to your essential sensors dont fuck around with boost control solenoids and variable resistors like i do!!!

oooeeee…

Who called it?

Are you sure your boost controler needs 5v not 12v?

yea dude the apex unit is all 5v

holy f. guess you’ll have to start pulling apart the sludge filled wreck in your garages thats dripping mysterioud oil into your bros room. hah.

get rid of the apex shize and get a new sensor. and the first thing i would be concerned with is exactly why you were reading incorrect voltage. bad wiring or bad sensor? hard to say but id do my best to eliminate both of these possibilities.

Agreed…practice alone 2 cars went into the wall. Sasha man…i felt so bad u couldnt make it…Marco and I had agreed u would have came top 3 if u didnt run into those mechanical problems. U were suppost to show em how its done!

Next time buddy…goina head back to TO later with a stop off at Shannonville to get all this drift fever outta my system.

Peace out boys

SUPERMAN!

http://www.driftlords.com/pics/superman.jpg

Sorry to whore but who is the guy in the s14??
i believe i saw hime at tire123

that is kendrick (specialK)

kenny, is that the guy that rear ended me last time?

that dude still owes me money for being a homo on the track

pics or it didn’t happen.

Kendrick, how do you like drifting on the 712’s? :lol:

kendrick that is a gorgeous gorgeous pic dude!!

thanks for the kind words

Sasha i hear the RB25 calling ur name

I hear sr22det??

:shock:

360 magnum engine!

Your jeep and your S14 can have the same powerplant, how sick would that be? :stuck_out_tongue:

i got some nice footage. I’ll try and post some clips up later.

BTW: Sasha… you had one of the nicest S14’s there…your car is pure sex!! I love it. Sorry to hear about the engine. I got some footage of ur engine bay going up in smoke :cry:

Ahh ha ha, Jeep Power 360 Magnum!