S14 "cleanup"

So now that spring is in the not so distant future, i’ve kinda gotten the itch to start getting the car ready again…its just been sitting in the garage since i put it there :stuck_out_tongue: not as involved as other projects going on in here, but i figured i’d share…

car when i got it:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c354/adictd2b00st2/front-2.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c354/adictd2b00st2/inside.jpg

things it needed at that point:
-t28 install needed to be finished, the previous owner just thought everything would bolt up the same as when the stock t25 was in there :bloated: so the oil / coolant lines were wrong and none of the ic piping would line up
-the steering wheel (nardi) did not match the bolt spacing on the momo hub
-300zx maf was not installed, and had nothing to control it so that the ecu wouldn’t freak out

after beginning to fix the turbo install, it was apparent that the couplers/clamps used on the fmic kit were very “ebay quality” and were not going to do the job, so i picked up all new silicone couplers and some nice clamps, to avoid having to fix blown off charge piping at inopportune times LOL

also, since the car had a megan racing manifold on it, i wasn’t TOO keen on their track record so that was to be removed, and just replaced with a stock cast piece. no cracks, no worries!

ordered up some greddy turbo inlet/outlet pipes for the t28 conversion, and got braided oil/coolant lines along with all the misc gaskets to finish up the job. all those pieces SHOULD be here later this week :slight_smile: so if all goes as planned i hope to have the car running again next weekend, we’ll see!

basically the goal was to clean up any of the half-assed things on the car, and try to make it a car i can drive without worrying about. anything that wasn’t really needed i got rid of to avoid complications. so heres the quick summary for spring:

deletions:
nardi steering wheel
greddy profec b spec2 and turbotimer
megan turbo manifold
lame no name 16" rims with all season tires

additions:
braided stainless oil/coolant lines
z32 maf
s-afc
fittipaldi steering wheel / nrg quick release (thanks deni haha)
kyb agx / tein springs (front the blue s14, never had a chance to install them on that one!)
5zigen FNO1’s (17x8)
factory VLSD
samco radiator hoses
nismo engine/tranny mounts

depending how everything works out once the car is running again, i may get some z brakes for the front, we’ll see :slight_smile:

hopefully i’ll have some updates in progress next weekend!

You forgot in the deletions:
Lame front bumper
Lame side skirts

nice jay. keep it sexy and KEEP it period. hehe

skirts are def off already haha

altho the bumper is gonna have to stay for a bit most likely, i can deal with it , it could be worse :stuck_out_tongue:

Just trade someone for a stock urethane one and get a carbon lip for it.

Much better IMO.

oh trust me i want to, the pain is the shipping since everything is westcoast :frowning: eventually, i wanna make sure everything is in working order first

didnt u have a green one? where did this come from? looks nice though :tup:

yea i had a blue one that i sold and got this one instead lol call me lazy for not wanting to swap the engine myself :slight_smile:

Dibs on the Nardi wheel

really? ugh, i sold it online the other week… i guess i shoulda posted it on here too! sorry derrick :frowning:

why 17x8 fns?

nice jay! i had my megan manifold on my car all last summer with no problems. i think the reason why people have problems is that they dont put the bottom support on, then when it heats up it sags and cracks. and i love the navan spoiler, ive alwasys contemplated getting one for my car.

brand new, $400 shipped to my door

thanks :slight_smile: yea i went back and forth on if i should keep it or not, but i just want to make it through a summer without any issues for once :rofl:

wow for that price :tup:

whats the offset on the wheels?

I would assume +35

wait wat happened to the other s14 u had, the near stock one

yep +35

i sold it lol it was for sale on here for a while, someone from outta state picked it up when i had it on autotrader

Sweet! “cleaning up” a car is the way to go. I hate Half assed installs.

X…

those wheels are only worth $400 on accont of being sooo weak.

i would have liked that nardi wheel too.

car looks super clean… and um… let me know when you want stuff… because i have turbo lines in stock that i could have given you for less.