shift 518 crash kings are afraid of Liter bikes.

^ thanks for the bump big jon

i know man. ive seen it. and they can come up, but as you said, it takes more effort. a normal length 1000 will hover the wheel off the ground in 3rd as you know. i love these arguments though because everyone assumes that johnny new rider is gonna buy a big bike and then think hes a stunter, then die. its called self control, some have it, others dont. respect the machine, respect the throttle. ive riden a few bikes and didnt even take it to the limit even just being an 06 R6/06 600… its more than thrilling just going to 10-12 grand for me. im a 4 wheel person, not so much 2. so i ride easy.

the second u dont respect ANY bike it WILL bite you in the ass. theres a HUGE difference between a 600 and a liter bike. most 600cc sport bikes lay down between 100 and 109rwhp… liter bikes are generally 175-190rwhp with double the torque… on a bike that weighs in about 40 lbs more… i dont care how big or husky you think you are a 600 is PLENTY of bike for ANYONE on these boards. i dont see miguel duhammel frequenting shift… 385lbs dry weight and ~110hp will get you to 150 in a fuckin hurry.
thing is… its not the power that u have to worry about… its not anything that you do on the bike at all… its the shit around you that will cause you the issue… and the fact that you aint got airbags when impacting a car/tree/pavement/guardrail… the list goes on. its your ass cochise… ride safe.

if you guys want to talk about respecting and disrespecting a bike and its power make a whole different thread about it…stop junking up tonys thread. This should be nothing more then people who are interested in buying the bike.

^ exactly! Adam you still want it?

Mods, cut this thread up please. Put the crap in the garbage bin,

yah…usually BRETT is the one to cut up threads that go in a different direction but sence he had some input on this subject its not getting split.

sorry DOG, im not the only mod on here so get off my balls. unlike you i was in attendance at the Adirondack nationals, sorry my life extends past here and i dont have all day to monitor every thread, i made 1 or 2 posts here and it wasnt way out in left field yet, but since you wanna CAPS LOCK MY NAME and cry about the thread content, ill give you your split

and p.s. you still suck at driving.

brett = supermod

Cute title.

Self control argument is bulshit.

Absolute power corrupts absolutly.

And if self control was the only issue nobody would ever crash.

^devil’s advocate:

if its not self control related, couldnt it happen on any bike?

You could lose the rear in a Ferrari Enzo or v6 Mustang but which one are you more likely to do so in?

Everyone should start off on a Husqvarna chain saw underneath their nutsack.

i know :lol i actually agree with you mostly. i was hoping youd say something like that haha

I mean an actual chainsaw at WOT. Run around town like you are riding a bull and if you can do so carefully and with enough finesse as to not cut off your BALLS, then you cna move up to bigger and better things like a 2008 GSXR 1000.

no you FUCK i was talking to vlad but you decided to go on your merry way and post before me like a cockbath

BOB SAGETTET

I demand the thread title is changed from "liter bike"s to “0.264172052 gallon bikes”

It’s and endless debate, but starting on a bigger bike will NEVER be SAFER or BETTER for a new rider. It may be more convenient for later upgrades, at best.

That side can’t ever win, and will be equal at it’s highest point.

Have fun.

Disagree, self control has a lot to do with it.

Agreed.

That is all.