shift 518 crash kings are afraid of Liter bikes.

the sarge has spoken.

lock 1

fail. you’re not slowmarro

I know people who could be most bolt on 1k riders on ninjas through twisties. I weigh 220 also and a 600 is still retard fast.

well when dealing with 95% of this forum, the only thing they do fast is straight lines…

Thank you.

Let’s see if there is an ounce of logic behind what you say.

Lets say a 600 makes 110hp, weighs 400 pounds wet and the rider weighs 180 pounds - pretty average. 110hp/580lbs =.189 hp/lbs

Let’s add 40 pounds, 110hp/620lbs = .177

To put this into perspective, lets say you got a full pipe and a power commander on the 600 and gave it 7hp.

117hp/620lbs = .189.

That weight difference is so marginal and easily offset that the only good it does it a poor excuse for people not to start out on bikes that are too big for them.

Remember, I don’t even recommend starting on 600cc, even in your weight group, because THEY ARE SUPERBIKES, starting out on a Liter is just plain retarded.

Bwahahah + rep

Adam, when bikers talk about “fast” there are turns involved, I know it’s a new concept for you as a domestic owner but you may have to deal with it.

If you want to go fast in the straight line, why settle for a 1000cc? That’s too small, there is a 1300cc and a 1400cc out there…

I rode my buddies zx10 with a power programmer and exhaust( like it really needed those) and the bike was no fun at all. Every time you tried to get on the throttle it wanted to wheelie. I would much rather start off on some thing less prone to wanting to stand straight up

I really dont care what anyone has to say about twisties and such. Im sure theres a guy on a 600 that would school me silly in the turns when Im on a 1000, but thats not what Im into. I wanna drag his ass on teh highway, or at the track. To each their own though. I want something to cruise on, and something that is retarded fast in a straight line. Dont like it…sorry…

And everyone on here acts like they “know” all bikers, and all REAL bikers wanna do is turn. I know quite a few people who are into drag racing them, and doing roll-ons. You can be a “real” rider and not have to drag knee every single corner…

a 600 SS does low 10’s in the 1/4 mile stock…

With a 120lb pro mexican rider. Avg is high 10’s, maybe the NEW new bikes are doing that… I want a 140+mph bike, end of story :lol

my r6 got to 140 fairly easy, stock…i just dont see the point of doing top speed runs on a bike over and over…seems pretty boring to me…

He means in the 1/4 mile…haha

I meant 140+ 1/4 traps. And yeah, doing 200 or so sounds pretty boring…:crazy

you wont do 200 on a bike…no liter bikes get that high to begin with…and if you do go that fast, that’s pretty fucking stupid…im not saying 140 was that smart either…

with the right gearing ,the right bike ya can …trust me when i worked at joes cycle i did it more than once

19X is pretty doable with a modded liter bike. I know that the speedometers are off at higher speeds though…

i did a 03 gsxr 1k at joes full exh ,full intake mods , gears and a small shot it did 206 on the dyno on the street it just tapped 200 .i did a busa turbo "travis can attest to it as he saw bike " i had it at 200 in 4th one more gear to go hangin a wheel a little also

you sure that speedo wasnt way off? and it was a 1000cc, not a 1300+ bike?

yes it was a 1k

Than why are you trying to get an extended swingarm with fat rear wheel bike? Even with the 30 shot it runs SLOWER times in the 1/4 mile than an 09 cbr 1000 does, which does it in 9.68 seconds bone stock.