Sightings Thread

Silver? If so the kid goes to school in Albany, and the car is FS on evoM.

Its a 60k km car (40k Miles) which is stupid low, and it looks clean. I think his asking price was 24k.

Ultimate. Fanboi.

yes, silver. oh man, if my car was paid off by now, id be considering it for SURE

Here I am looking for evo’s in the same price range… then I run into this. It made my dick jump a little bit.

The only thing keeping me from this is the fact I can’t take a loan out on it. It does not show up on NADA, and unless it get it appraised, my bank wants nothing to do with it.:frowning:

When was it posted on evom? Haven’t been on for a couple days and haven’t seen it when I was browsing theclassifieds.

last week. Type ‘r32’ in search.

I assume this car is titled as a kit car or registered as a 240 or something?

Is it a GT-R or GTS-t? Is the front grill open with a mesh?

40k miles may seem like nothing here, but it’s a lot in Japan… If a lot of it was put on the car here, then that’s not too bad. I’ve driven a couple of 32s with lower mileage than that and they were fairly beat.

Unless you are hell bent on being unique, buy the Evo.

For 24k you can get a very nice IX that is nicely modded or very low miles. Easier to drive fast, stiffer chassis, quicker steering, lighter feeling, and getting parts won’t require a long wait, second car (or CDTA pass) and connections in Japan/Australia.

Found it:

Titled in Vermont with Jersey plates.

Tells me that some loophole was used to register without the original title (not required in VT, I believe, just Bill of Sale- someone correct me if I’m wrong)

Perhaps not 100% legal…

Perhaps.

I entertained the idea for a good 15 minutes, then continued on with my evo hunting. Being unique is one thing, but i’d rather have an evo.

Evo IX’s are pretty. Do that.

Yeah man you can’t go wrong, I’ve owned both and posted elsewhere on this, but I would take a newer Evo (VIII, IX) over an R32 GT-R… 15+ years younger, less problems, and all (or more) of the performance stock, and better aftermarket support (in the US).

Owning a GT-R Stateside takes serious commitment, plus it helps to be ok with spending a fortune and having another car as you will be waiting on parts all the time.

Most people who “think it would be cool” and research a bit would probably be disillusioned after a few months with the car, unless the high received from attention on the road / etc is more the reason for the purchase than the actual performance / heritage / always wanted one as a little kid factor.

I’ve always been in awe of the performance since seeing them advertised with 500-600 hp, fully built in a newspaper… Then taking a bus over to the dealer were the “imported” cars were sold and admiring the gunmetal 32 on display… And this was in 1991.

So you can count me in the “wanted to buy one as a little kid” pool too, but even then bringing the car over here and getting it legalized was just the biggest PITA.

Thanks to Motorex creating some real life F&F type drama for itself, it’s no longer possible anyways.

Only choice is to wait until 2014 and buy one manufactured in '89, pray that the 25 year rule doesn’t change. :lol

They are “agressive” looking.

:lol

True. They look like they will eat your face.
Like I said, do it.

And a 32 doesn’t?

I’m sorry, an VIII doesn’t look like it will “eat your face”, more like “drink it through a straw, while eating a jelly doughnut”.

The rounded bumper and closed grill of the VIII = just doesn’t sit right…

General term I use, not literally.
Said the same about the RS4.

man, if only my car was paid for, id be calling the guy now to go look at it and stuff

The cars in his garage at his apt right here in Albany. You won’t do it.

The whole evo idea may be out the door too, this is why.

My neighbor has a PRIMO garage with gobs of tools, heater, compressor, etc. He has an open bay and offered me usage of it for <100 a month. I’m thinking now about a DD truck and a project for this winter. Seriously, this garage is CASHMONIES and I don’t want to pass this up.

Oh and since hardly anybody knows me, i’m sure you all care:crazy.

EVOs are just glorified lancers, lancer=family sedan

Hi, I bought a Jetta. Sedan. :hug

Nothing could be farther from the truth.

lancer /= evo

Not even close.