so im getting sued...

this is getting worse by the post…unless u have some way to proove that the car started and ran when it was sold, then you’re fucked.

Read the damn thread.

Don’t lie in court. Don’t. Don’t. You will get caught. The judge will fuck you. Hard.

to make things simple .
She has a bill of sale guaranteed to run no title.
called a month later she told me it ran,didnt perform
She picked it up with a friend she knew no company involved

what if a mechanic said it would run with that low compression.

i was speaking in hypothetical terms of course,I like knowing all the outcomes

I was typing while the last four posts were posted…anyways did she register and drive the car at all or did she discover the problem before putting the vehicle on the road???

she actually had an rx7 that the motor died in.This was a doner.Is there any law stating how long guarantees are good for?It took about 4-6 weeks for her to just call me about this

ugh why would you ever sell a car with a guarantee? and why would someone go to court over a $500 car?

She lives in Holland i live in lockport.Gas alone will screw her.And if she wins she will have to return the car anyway.I cant afford a $500 blow right now like that

i meant the lawyer, but now that someone pointed out…lawyer not really worth it for $500…

I got sued last year over a $500 Cavalier…the kid registered and drove it for a month than something broke and he had the nerve to call me for a refund. Im like are you serious…we went to town court the judge pretty much laughed in his face and than the kid tried to appeal the decision through Erie County Appeals Court. They dismissed the case without me even having to show for court. My point is if she registered and drove the car than your not responsible for any problems that might have happened due to poor driving or beating the piss out of it. On the other hand if she hasn’t drove the car legally since buying it from you and the problem was than discovered than its really up to how you present yourself in front of the judge.

Yeah like i said it was for her donor.Im not sure if she swapped engines or just let it sit in the car i sold her and tried to get it started in that

I think its like saying my 4 cylinder car has 1 bad cylinder so its running on 3.Like this rx7.comparble?

itd be more like 2 bad cylinders

the point is it will still start and drive down the driveway

Sounds like you are getting the stupid tax for making the mistake of guaranteeing something you can’t really guarantee

dont flame.
you have to understand that this car ran with no problems then stopped after my dad fucked with the carb on it.It was either sell it with a guarantee or it wasent getting sold.It would still be in my driveway.

Iv read that a rx7 will run on 1 rotor.
i think if i can get a certified mechanic to come with me and back this up i might have a better chance.i really cant think of anything else.

its 500 bucks. who the eff cares. suck it up, take the car back and sell it for 300. done.

Legally in NYS you have 3 days to exit out of ANY contract. I am not sure if that is pertinent in this situation though. I am clueless as to what you were thinking by guaranteeing the car to run when it did not run. Even if that means it was not going to be sold…that is knowingly selling faulty equipment…and is considered fraudulent. Hmm…me thinks you’re possibly fucked.

I just can’t believe someone is fucking bothering with this for a 500 dollar car.

Shit, I bought my civic for 2 Gs and the motor was fucked (which i found out after a few days of driving it)

I am just going to drop the old block off at his house when I get a chance.
I would just like to leave it in his front lawn.
Right in the middle.
With a thank you note.

Isn’t there kinda no way to prove what has happened to the since the transaction?..?