case solved!

well as most of u know, i sold my stock turbo ~2 weeks ago to some kid in new jersey. he received it two days after i shipped it, he messaged me saying everything looked good on the turbo and he just asked me some general questions about what hotside was on it etc. well today (a WEEK later that hes had the turbo) he messages me saying the turbo manifold is cracked in three spots on the bottom in the welds :bloated:

i KNOW for a fact that nothing was cracked on it before i shipped it out to him or i wouldnt even of sold it to him at all. in his message he said he would would like a refund of $150-200 for the manifold to be replaced :lol:. its so weird after he has the turbo for over a week that all of a sudden the manifold is cracked in the welds? IN THREE DIFFERENT SPOTS?

what do u think i should even respond to him with? should i tell him that im NOT responsible since i know for a fact that nothing was damaged on it when i shipped it and the fact that he messaged me when he got it, saying everything was good on it. then now all of a sudden its cracked?

did you post anywhere in the sale sold as is just in case to cover your ass…i always say sold as is even if its a brand new item im selling

I’d respond once reminding him that he said everything was fine when he received it and telling him that any further issues regarding the matter will require court involvement. Then ignore him.

What a dumbass…

^^ pretty much the best course of action. what else can you do?
there’s no point in fighting with him over it.

You could always ask him for pictures as proof. He might just be trying to get some money from you.

:word: I’d be interested in seeing what he’d come up with.

he did send me pics, but i cant even tell, its like some POS cell phone pic

hes not getting shit from me, it was fine when i shipped it :gotme:

Who cares? He can send you pics of it snapped in half and it won’t change the fact that he had it for a week after telling you he received it in good shape. It’s still not your problem. Don’t give him room to argue/debate.

Just tell him he’s not getting any money back and to send you court papers if he wishes to pursue it.

yup thats basically what i told him

:headbang:

It is hard to see anything in those pictures. Tell him to have it rewelded and that there is no refund.

Assuming that its the same manifold you sent him:

Would he have installed the entire setup and run it on the car and then removed it in less then a week?

probably not

Could the cracks have been caused by something else like shipping or dropping it?

probably not … not on a manifold.

Soooo…

i am inthe mood to argue tell him i am your complaint department

everyone. may i introduce to you:

Fry, self proclaimed attorney at law

offering legal advice since 2/13/2008

:thankyou:

Just saying what I would do. :shrug:

Given the history of poor quality from the company that made that manifold I would think that it is safe to say that the manifold probably cracked long ago and you didn’t notice it. Every, EVERY, manifold from that company is crap. It would be hard to believe that you would be the only person ever to recieve a good unit. The odds are stacked against you in that even the material is improper for the application.

Those cracks IMO probably happened long ago.

Sucks for him and you should probably come to some sort of agreement as maybe you didn’t notice it.

The good thing for you is that now with that crap off your car you are really going to see a difference. Amongst other things

a lot of people run those, as i was just reading another thread on it today lol. a lot of peeps dont have problems, as i didnt either. i know for a fact that it wasnt cracked before i shipped it to him. i wouldnt of even bother to ship it. he received it said everything was good on it, little over a week later its cracked… K

i know a lot of people say they will crack, thats why i checked it before i even shipped it

:gotme: You asked for an opinion, do what you got to do.

better hope he didnt use paypal or all he has to do is file a “not as stated” dispute and he pretty much has you over a barrel

Really? What if you pull the funds out asap? I sent a dispute out on a dvd that was like $6 and I didn’t see shit. It was all threw paypal too.