case solved!

Im sure you have pics of it you sent him prior to shipment that show there are no cracks.

id ask him for better pics were you can actually see something.Chances are if they are there thats the way you sent it.I know when i get something it looks good until im about to put it on the car and then notice it.I doubt he had it on the car, it cracked on him,HE NOTICED IT,then took it off.

so why does evom “have a bunch of idiots on it”? just because of this one tool everone on evom is an idiot?

pretty shady of you to sell him cracked product. why does everyone keep calling him a tool or idiot. he seems legit to me. he probably didn’t even notice the cracks, its not like he cracked it. the second picture is defiantly a crack from a bad weld. trust me i know a cracked manifold, i have had plenty experience with them.

Yeah they freeze your account

I recently sold like 200 cds to a dude and listed them all, sale price was $1000

Well when he got them he apparently didnt read the list well enough and he was counting double cds as one disc where I had counted them as 2

Well he demanded 10 more cds, he couldnt even provide me the names of which cds he was “missing” when I asked him

Well he filed a “not as described” case with paypal, because he could not hold me to the 10 cds he said some of the cds had scuffs (a few had VERY minor ones which did not effect play and he was aware of that before purchase) and that the little plastic tabs that hold the front booklets in place had left “tab dents” on the books

Please what cd dosent have them

Anyways paypal instantly froze my account to the tune of $1000 (it put my account about $950 into the red)

So he had my cds and $1000 on hold

So I called a paypal rep and was basically told to give him what he wants

They said I didnt have a leg to stand on and 99 out of 100 times they decide in the buyers favor

So I had to send him 10 cds to get him to release the hold, he basically extorted me

Now I have a case where someone bought a cd in Greece for $40 and 2 months later they dont have it, mind you there is no way to track a cd sent there and I believe his countries customs are holding it up

Guess who will be out the money after paypal does their “investigation”

Me

And I hear ya as a buyer, I have been ripped off twice, totally fucked for the cash and never even got so much as a email reply from the seller and I have seen dick from paypal

From now on for foreign buyers or for sales over $50 I am only taking postal money orders, Fuck paypal

I had a similar problem with an exhaust system system from rnr. I noticed a week later that center portion of exhaust was not stainless. It looked identical to the other parts but it was a coated mild. I lost on shipping back to them and waited an additional month and half for ss piece on top of already waiting 2months.

Those cracks are on the bottom of the manifold at the exhaust merges by the flange. I can make out the one in second pic. From your pics in the other thread its hard to tell if you weren’t just taking the pics from special angles with stuff in the way.

I’m not really trying to call you a liar, I’m just siding with megan is shit and this guy didn’t look closely enough at first.

Thats the thing, you can see the cracks just find in those pics, if you know what it is you are looking for.

the manifold is defiantly cracked. he is asking to refund his money because you did not inform him of the cracks and he offered to send the cracked product back. its your bad for selling a product that was described probably as good condition and it ends up not being in good condition.

bottom line i believe you are in the wrong for this situation and this thread. get the manifold back and refund his money or offer to pay for the weld job to fix the manifold

^^^^^this man knows a thing or two about crack(s) :stuck_out_tongue:

It was an RNR manifold?

Why do people keep buying these? Years ago when I was on EVOM all day, there were constantly threads about RNR’s products, how shitty they were, how they scammed this guy, or how they scammed that guy. :tdown:

That being said I guess it’s a question of ethics.

1. If sphinx honestly doesn’t believe it was cracked and believes the guy is trying to screw him, there is no moral or ethical dilemma, and he can follow Fry’s advice.

2. If sphinx KNOWS it was cracked and sold it as is to the guy, he is obviously immoral and follows no code of ethics… but he probably doesn’t have to worry about anything legally ( backwoods lawyering ).

3. If sphinx isn’t sure if it was cracked or if he has doubts and the buyer has a pretty reputable history on EVOM, then his morals and ethics are again in question, and should come to a compromise.

If I had an established trade history / trader rating on a forum that I intended on being a member of for a long time, I probably wouldn’t chance it… especially if the other guy is a well established member.

i’m going to say the same thing. I bet you didn’t check it as thoroughly as he did for cracks.

My guess is that it was cracked and you didn’t notice.

Fucking crack dealer. :wink:

^ lol that made me chuckle

why not just reweld it?

you could do that, chances are it will crack again.

16 gauge 304 ss is a poor choice of material for a turbo manifold.

Whats the norm? 14 ga for turbo mani’s?

LOL

Due to the concentration of heat that is built up in the manifold from the backpressure of a turbo hanging off it you have few choices.

1. The best. 321 Stainless steel. This handles the heat and vibration the best and wont work fatigue over time like 304. If braced properly it will last a very long time with thin wall materials. (anything thinner than sch 10)

2. 304ss is best used at schedule 10 or thicker. It has shown to stand the test of time. Any manifold you see for sale now a days is usually sch 10 even the expensive stuff like Kevins or really any reputable name brand…obviously if it isn’t cast.

3. Inconel, there is alot of misinformation as to the properties and application of this material. Inconel handles heat amazing, is strong and light. It however has a tendancy to carborize when a rich mixture hits it. Making it very brittle over time. It is used when the car is in perfect tune, run hot all the time, and not expected to be used as a daily item. (F1 race cars) Jets, turbines and other items use it where heat is more concentrated allowing for a complete and through burn. Or at least this was my understanding as explained to me by a Dr of chemistry and physics :wink:

edit: i love you gary lol be my valentine

my manifold is sch10 304

Newman are you doing the final welding?