help v. i sold something and guy wants his money back?

since we dont have an offtopic anymore… :picard: i posted here
its auto related

i sold my manifold a few weeks ago (like 3) to a guy on honda-tech, i mocked it up on my car, w/ a wastegate, and everything fit fine

i had pictures of it on my car, i have pictures of it on another car

about two weeks ago he said the runners on the manifold were coming thru the flange :bloated: ok…?
and about 2days before he told me he lost his job and lost his scholarship or something stupid (after he had already bought it)

he then does not talk to me for over a week, and he pm’s me today saying this:

hey i need my 400$ back for the manifold the wastegate does not clear the block please send me my money back because i specifically asked u if i was gonna have clearence problems and u said NO so pm me back or call or text xxx-xxx-xxxx i need this asap i will send the manifold back same day i recieve the money

Thanx, Gabe

anyways, i dont have the money any more, and i wouldnt give it back anyways, because he has been shady as fuck. i know he’s going to make a thread about me on honda-tech and bitch and get the mob after me

what do i do!:roflpicard: if any of you are on h-t and see a thread made by him plz let me know- his name is boostedDA

You have a picture of it fitting. Did he ever ask you about his specific engine, if it’s different from yours, or his model of car?

Tell him to post a for-sale thread

if you really do have nothing to hide and he makes a thread, post up all communication and the pictures you showed him.

If he tries to bash you, just post pics of the manifold fitting fine on your car.

did he pay with paypal? hopefully all the pics and back and forth between you too can clear things up if he did pay wth paypal and he files a claim.

no, he didnt even say what car it was going in or anything

i told him he needed a halfsize radiator and slimfan. it fit in an EF civic fine, and it fit in my dc2 integra fine, he didnt tell me his car, but the blocks are all the same and he’s having clearance issues not on the bumper support but the block itself, which i dont get :bloated:

good call on the FS thread tho, he’s prob using an ebay wastegate, which is why it may not fit, the head is fuckin 4 times larger than a regular tial

yeah i used paypal, and i still have all of my pm’s saved, so ill make sure i dont delete them because im like 98% full lol

well what kind of manifold is it? some people have problems with cast manifolds fitting on vtec blocks compared to the non vtec because the vtec head sticks out like 1/4 inch farther and interferes with the wastegate

if he didn’t tell you that it was going on a vtec block, and you showed pictures of it on a b18b than i would say it is his fault

ive sold 1,000’s of things through honda-tech and have yet to have a problem because i was always honest, and if it had to do with fitment and i did not know i would tell them that so they could do their own research and make their own decision

it was a custom made tubular mani, which i told him, which it fit on my b18b, and came off of a b16a

i told him it was CUSTOM aka, designed for the car it was originally bought for.

ive never sold something i didnt know anything about, or tried out for myself or anything, everytime i sell someone something it’s been perfect/fine transaction

ive sold like 45things on here and bought/sold another 20+ on there

i really hate shady people, because the mob always jumps on the buyers bandwagon

i still have another 3grand worth of shit to sell, and no one buys anything on here lol :frowning:

Not your problem. Tell him to resell it.

I would tell him to send you pictures of the fitment.

I would be skeptical since he said he lost his job, and then wanted his money back. My guess is that he needs money since he lost his job, and thus making an excuse about fitment to try and get his money back.

if he files a refund through paypal you might get fucked, heard too many horror stories about paypal always siding with the buyer.

paypal’s key is they want to see tracking information. as long as he has that then he’s prob good.

paypal does not side with the buyer all the time … I got fucked about 3 years ago from a NYspeeder and he just did not answer his emails or anything and I never got my money back … I was the buyer

GL man

What are you a business? You don’t get a return policy when you buy used shit from private individuals. Tell him to fuck off and send him the pic of it fitting on your car to make yourself feel better.

Kids today and their fucking sense of entitlement…

True, since used parts from private sellers are almost always sold as is, with no warranty implied.

100% mint!

if you can prove he got it then you’re fine… paypal only guarantees that he gets the part and not how well it works…

tell him to go fuck off

is he from nigeria…cuz thats what it sounds like