Ebay buyer problem...what do I do??

Sold my spare quad motor on ebay a few weeks ago. I had it in my old quad for a little while and one day it just locked up, shut off and that was it…wouldnt shift gears but it kicked over and had compression so I thought 1st and 2nd gear went…I went home and took the motor out of my quad, put it on the bench, parted the quad out and decided to sell the motor…well anyways, heres my ebay listing for it…

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120381130376&sspagename=STRK%3AMESOX%3AIT&viewitem=

now, I just recieved this email from the buyer tonight…

"this motor is blown up there wasn't transmition problems the connecting rod brew up du to over reving it looks like the motor was intentionally blown up and you had to know the motor was blown up before you sold it there is know way you didn't know it blew up everything is ruined the cases are busted up the cylinder is scared beyond repair the head is ruined the piston is cracked the oil pump is bad there isn't anything that is good you screwed me and you know it if this isn't made right I will contact ebay they have always settled with me and you will get the worst feedback"

Now I replied with this…

" I did NOT know this motor was blown up. I was sure it was a tranny problem due to what happened. Why would you say I intentionally blew it up? people dont blow things up on purpose to rip people off. Im sorry, I stated in the add that I BELIEVED it was a transmission problem and the motor would be sold AS IS and I also said because I do not know how bad the problem was, I would include a bunch of stuff with it. Once again, If I knew it was that bad, I wouldnt have sold it. I never split the cases or anything. The motor sat on my bench for over a year after I took it out of my quad the day it happened. All I did was pull the clutch off, take the valve cover off and pull the plug. When the motor was still in my quad it kicked over and had great compression right after it stopped shifting so I was un aware of the condition it was obviously in.

I will make a deal with you. Send me back all the extra parts I sent with the motor and I will send you new cases and a new cylinder (its a 400 cylinder tho, not a 426) thats the best I can do because I was unaware that it was more then a transmission issue."

now, I feel like shit. I was 100% unaware that this motor was usless because I didnt get in depth with splitting the cases and shit. Im willing to work with the buyer by giving him my extra cases and a extra cylinder…but I gave him well over 300$ worth of stuff with the motor including a CDI box, aftermarket shifter, a BILLET aluminum Hinson racing clutch basket ($300 alone) and I stated in the add TWICE that the motor was sold AS IS. Like I said, If I knew that the motor had more then a transmission issue, I would have never sold it…so what do I do? Im not one to rip people off and this is really bothering me but I cant just jump ahead and give him his money back because uh, well…its already spent.

You’re already going beyond the call of duty by offering that.

As far as I would be concerned, he’s fucked, should have asked for more info/better diagnosis or just NOT have bought it.

What was the question again?

sound like your trying to make good on it. see what they wanna do, it is ebay tho. most stuff is as-is

yah I know. I know 100% Im all set with it simply because I stated in the add twice it was sold “as is” but I really didnt know the motor had that many issues which is why I feel bad about it.

Its not like I sold it for a shit load of money. Those motors in good stock running order used sell for over a grand.

Buyer beware.

If it sounds too good to be true…etc…

Don’t give him shit, say sorry pal, sold as-is.

He’d leave you negative feedback, sure, but you can fight that pretty easily, and win.

really?? I have 100% feedback on ebay but I dont want the negative feedback but o well I guess

is he going to be able to file some shit with paypal and next thing you know I got paypal up my ass telling me to give him his money back??

sure, he could, it’ll be a headache for sure, but it’s not like it’s that difficult to have your name cleared, if all the info in this thread it true you have nothing to worry about.

it’s not like you sold it as a running motor, right?

nope…

all the stuff I posted in my original post above is 100% how it went down word to word. I just copy and pasted.

I had something like this before when I sold a turbo and got screwed out of some money by trying to be a nice guy. Don’t refund his money without the item being sent to you. If he states he wants you to pay for it being shipped, tell him under paypal terms of service it is the buyer pays for the shipping of returned items for refund.

[FONT=Verdana]I see where the guy is pissed. All you said is that 1st and 2nd are gone and even made reference to it being a great running motor when the motor was actually blown beyond the point of repair. But then you also said “as is” twice in the description. He has every right to be mad, but since you did state sold “as is”, there aint much he can do.[/FONT]

You also said it had a new head, apparently the head is trashed.

as stated before there is nothing he can do.

I contacted the credit card company and they hooked me up with a fed operated scam agency.He responded right after , It took a week or so but I got that fucker good

If that didnt work with the fed agency then the card company said they would be in touch with him and his account and with drawl the money from his account .

Whos side are you on?

No one lmao .I am just stating on what he could do, thats all.It worked for me.

I bet you he could get his money back from ebay/paypal. They give anyone there money back. Dont be surprised if you logon to paypal one day and your account is in the negative.

Caveat Emptor.

ok got this email from him this morning

“the hinson clutch basket you stated was new it has grooves worn it it how about me send you back all the parts and refund me all but $100”

now what do I do? The clutch baskrt I sent him was basically brand spanking new. The grooves are so tiny it doesnt make a difference.

I replied with this…

"The Hinson basket was basically brand new. I NEVER used it. I got this motor “freshly” rebuilt from a different guy a week or 2 before I THOUGHT 1st and gear broke…The basket came with it…just because it has some tiny wear doesnt make it un-usable. Take a small file and hit the sides a few time and it done. The grooves are so minimal it hardly shows it was ever used.

Now, about the motor…im sorry, it sucks. I didnt know the motor was broken that much in depth or else I would have never sold it…but this is ebay and I stated in the add it was being sold “as-is” twice…also, you knew right from the batt that you were buying a broken motor…so there for you knowing you were buying a broken motor, as is…you dont really have any argument against what happened. I can send you a cylinder and new cases cause im willing to work with you on that but thats as far as I could go."

I said the motor ran great before 1st and 2nd gear went because a few weeks prior to what happened, the motor was brand new from bottom to top…and it DID run great.