Some Good Kawasaki Dealers Around Pittsburgh?

Yeah they are pretty good there when it comes to sales. Langer used to work in Fire and EMS with me and another one of my co-workers introduced me to him when I was looking for my first bike. Have been going to him ever since. Strait forward and gives me a fair bottom line price every time.

Didn’t have a very good service experience at Gatto’s, though I know they certainly do some volume so my experience may be outside the norm.

I agree about not being afraid to travel. I drove 90 minutes to buy my new Suzuki a few years ago and it paid off with a good price and great service while I owned it.

Can you elaborate? If you prefer you can PM me.

Alright, now it’s time for a tough decision…

05 ZX-6R with a little over 1,100 miles for $5,500. My favorite bike of all time. Used obviously but seems well taken care of. Even the color I want. No warranty what-so-ever.

OR

08 ZX-6R in the same color. Brand new with 1 year warranty. Will be about $7,400 OTD.

Let me say that I am biased towards a new one. I hate the thought of not knowing how the bike was taken care of before me. Even though it’s only 1,100 miles, it could of been a hard 1,100. According to the salesman, a little old lady only drove it to church on Sundays (didn’t really say that). I love both bikes so much that I can’t really pick one based on looks/performance. It has come down to whether the warranty and peace of mind are worth ~$2,000 to me.

Pros? Cons? Tips?

Where are you getting it from? An 05 with only 1100 miles is barley broken in. If it was an adult owner you may be good. Just look over it for damage from drops and such. It would be really hard for someone to screw up a bike in 1100 miles and you can usually tell.

the 636 is at Gattos. I crawled all around it checking for signs of a drop and it got my approval that is wasn’t. I will still always have that doubt, but like you said it is still really low miles.

The more I think about it, the more I should just go with the 05. I always regretted spending the extra money on my Civic when I bought it brand new. After the first few hundred miles its just like a used one anyways. Plus if I did change my mind and want a newer one, I would have a nice trade-in available. Although going by what I was offered for my 250 in trade, I think I’d get fucked on that deal.

But buying a new bike will help the economy… in Japan.

I bought my ZX-12 with 2700 miles on it one adult owner. Never had an issue with it except that stator thing, but it was fixed under warrenty at Gattos. Like I said it was a 2001, I bought it off Gattos in 2005 (it was just traded in) and they got the stator covered under warrenty.

Do you know Gattos policy on test drives? That year has a known issue with the transmissions. I’d want to feel it shift, ya know? This isn’t exactly the best weather for test rides though…

Do you have a licence and insurance on a current bike? If so they may allow it. Not sure. When I bought my ZX-12 I only had a permit and never asked. They other two bikes were brand new so I had no reason to want to test ride them.

Yeah, I am fully licensed through MSP (or whatever the acronym is) courses. My bike is fully insured through the same policy that covers my cars. I have full gear, etc, etc. He kind of hinted at not wanting anyone to ride it - but it may have been because of the weather and I never did specifically ask. I had visions of a brand new bike and would have no reason to test ride a new one.

I set a picture of each as my desktop on each screen here at work. The 05 is starting to grow on me and I keep minimizing the left screen’s windows! :rofl:

I picked this up at Gattos finally. I got to ride it a few miles today. WOW, I love it!

Cool. I like the color. I like that and that new orange Kawa has.

nice the only color i like more than that blue is that flat blue the 636’s come in.