Question for Street bike folks

I have a chance to buy a buddy’s salvaged 2002 gsxr 600 for $500 from the insurance company. It has some body damage and a cracked frame. How hard is it to get a new title? how much money would i cost to get a new frame and right side body parts. I’m willing to do all the work myself. I guess i can learn as i go.

The whole story about the bike sucks. He took the bike to a shop in Johnstown, PA to get a new exahust and body mods. they call him last monday and told him the accidentally backed a chevy blazer on to his bike and his bike fell over… Upon close inspection he sees a big crack on the frame. Shady fuckers. I think they took the bike out for a joyride and dropped it… oh well. I might be getting a bike now.

he really should look into taking legal action against the shop. Suzuki + Johnstown… was it Cernics? Ive met Jeff Cernic a couple times, he sponsors (or used to sponsor, he just turned pro) a buddy of mine who races motocross. Nice guy, but god knows what the tech’s are like…

Who was is from PSR that took his 300ZX in for work at West Hills Nissan and a couple of the tech kids wrapped it around a tree??

more work and cash involved the just picking upa used one

u can get a nice 99-00 for under 4500

ask quick his buddy has a real nice one for sale

shady indeed

its not Cernics. Its a smaller shop. i forgot the name, but he normally takes it to Cernic’s and his dad told him to take it to this other shady shop. I think the shop’s insurance is gonna end up paying…

Monster… his liscense plate read MONZTER, that was a bad ass Z.

aka wolf?

What’s that guy driving now?

-TJ

cracked frame? walk away

same ol supra but instead of t-78 its a t-88h.

take it for that price. you can always get another frame and build a biek like i did or let me know and ill try to do something with it.

Actually he dosent have that car anymore. He bought a Kandy Red Pearl Widebody Supra w/ wheels, he transferred his old silver supra motor with the T88 on it into the new kandy supra. He bought the car already with the widebody and painted and just dropped in the motor. That car is one of the sickest all around cars in PA. Definatly nicer than my car by far, I mean widebodys are nice and all but I dont want a showcar, plus the roads in PA are well… you know SHITTY.

does he also own an R32 skyline that was for sale a year ago?

doing an R title is a pain in the ass but you can get a nice bike out of the deal. as long as you know what your doing youll be ok. this wont exactly be a cheap project but it will be cheaper then what they sell for. Ebay owns all when looking for parts.

cycle reclyers!

no, it was his friends car I believe

How much you want for that bike?

why so i can buy that one off you also :finger: