speeding ticket help

I agree that is what you are fighting that day.

Straight from the site: http://www.magma.ca/~fyst/fystfaq.htm

Q: The officer reduced the speed cited on my ticket, and threatens if I fight it, he would increase it back up in court. Should I still opt for a trial?

A: You should still plead not guilty. Everything could be just a bluff, you will never know. Perhaps the officer really didn’t get you at the higher speed. He could just be making that speed up and pretended to do you a favour by lowering it, to give you more incentive to pay it quickly. Or the higher speed is legitimate. But why does he do that if he could write you up at the higher speed in the first place? Well, perhaps he hates going to court, in which case you may find a pleasant surprise when you are finally at trial. Can he really put the speed back up if you encounter him at trial? You should know when you request disclosure. If he has that written down, perhaps he might. But then if he really does try to increase it back up, his position is actually weakened. You had to be going at either speed, not both. When he brings up another speed in his testimony, he has put reasonable doubt in his own case. If he claims the lower speed was not true after all, you can then suggest he is obstructing justice by misleading you into preparing a defence. The ticket, the official charging document, is what you were relying on to prepare a defence, and the lower speed is the only speed you know. At the very least, if the judge agrees to everything the officer says, request an adjournment because now the charge has changed. But the judge likely won’t allow the officer to do that in the first place.

This is what I was getting at. I’m not going to post case law on the site, do you think I have time to cite it? As for court procedure, you have access to it as a member of the public, look it up.

As long as I can cite it in court, then I’m happy.

PS the technique noted above is exactly what you should do if the JP raises the charge.

Hahahaha thanks man, I try to help where I can.

My original advice stands. Take it to trial. If the cop shows up, pay. If not, then you are free.