speeding ticket

Hey guys, I’ve been driving for 4 years now, and just under a year ago I got my first speeding ticket. I chose to bring it to court, but of course, knowing me, I forgot out it, LOL. I was doing 79 in a 50 on Birchmount (In Scarborough). Do you guys know how many demerit points I lost? If so, how much will this affect my insurance premium?

2 or 3

demerit points dont affect insurance premium. The tickets themselves represent a hike in your premium but the demerit points have no effect.

so like my self i just got a over 10km speeding ticket no points just $40…will my insurence still go up, i’m still debating if i should fight it or not i was caught with a radar…any suggestions?

pay it…insurance won’t even know…

insurance will know… when you gotta reinstate it.
been threw it and it sucks.

but for the time beeing… enjoy for cheaper rates

Insurance will know. The insurance is actually canceling their policy with me. due to the number of tickets i have… Even those that dont costs points

oh crap so i’m pretty much done…best thing to do is guess save up for the increase. What do u mean by re-instate it?

Probably whenever you renew your liscense or transfer ownership or open a new policy you “reinstate your car”.

so what are you doing, in regards to getting insurance with another company then? my buddy had a similar experience to you, and right now he’s paying 10g’s on his rsx…

Your buddy’s probably under facility insurance… pretty expensive…

I’m currently contacting my state farm agent (my current insurance) and see what he can do about it…

Right now i’m on facility, my primary is 8000 a year, so I can’t afford to drive until next year, IF i don’t get a ticket. Then it drops to 6000, still pretty rough, I hate insurance sometimes.

your insurance will only know about a ticket if they check your license.

BUT thye try to do that for everyone very year
BUT they cant so they check the risky-er guys (by rating history) first.

POINTS are what kill your insurance as they are the major defining factor as to how bad the offence was…you can get a judge to drop the fine but almost never the points.
POINTS ARE KEY…I’d pay double the fine if a judge was willing to turn dangerous driving into a 10 over…why??

do the math…my insurance was about $100/month on a new 2.5 altima
10 kms over ticket…woth like 50 bucks with all the gubment add-ons
no points
insuarance upped to $125/month
so for 3+ years my insurance is +$25??
25x36=$900…now wouldn’t you pay $100 to have it changed to a tint too dark or something???

moving violations give your ins company the right to jack you…PERIOD…
non moving…not allowed
tint too dark, parking ticket etc

this is a finalised fact why people alllways get this wrong is beyond me…
why would your insurance company or the judge care what you pay the other?

they dont…but a judge is more likely to do you a favor cuse his paycheqe dont depend on it.

if your insurance and car payment is more than $800/month just rent a car…they do monthly deals…for cheaper…your in a new car all the time.
you have insurance…and save money and dont need to care about the car…

if you can get a sales job its a better write off than an equivalent lease etc as the expence works at a higher percentage (80%+) on your taxes!!

wow man thats brutal! i got the same quotes here for my insurance so i said **** it. and i got Us insurance… its a ripp off. canada seriously sucks when it comes to insurance. its a huge scam you pay out your ass and when you do crash they **** you twice over and dont pay out. i gave up its stupid.

when i had my civic. id get pulled over every day no joke even twice a day. and i never did anything wrong. your cars to low this and that all bullshit tickets. nothing legit. i got scamed when i came from the states i had my US licence and had just gotten my G1 they suspended it cause i wasent allowed to drive! im like buddie ive been driving for over 5 years i got my full florida licence hes like so? what a prick. i got nailed in a year with over 3600 in tickets and my licence has been suspended over 7 times. can you belive that and i only have 1 speeding ticket going 10 over!! and nothing else all because of mods… this country is gay. and no insurance company would take me so i whent back to the Us got my car insured legally etc and now they dont bother me. i renew it every 6 months.

hahahah I got 2 tickets day ago from PC MOI on my way 2 blades house…:S

on my way to work 2 weeks ago i was getting on the highway from the 404 to 401 and on the turn around there was 2 OPP officers i saw them and thought **** im going to jail! i pass them and one yells stop!!! i was like **** sakes!!! he walked up to me and says u dident have ur belt on i said uh yah its on now. hes like holly ur on the wrong site… :S asked for my licence he let me go we chatted for abit then i left ****. i hate that!