How's this for a first speeding ticket?

Well it happens to everyone, everyone gets a speeding ticket, and on Monday I got mine. After 5 years of ticket free driving (not even being pulled over) I got one, and boy did I ever get one.
I was stuck behind a slow moving 18 wheeler, so I moved into the passing lane and stepped on the gas to pass him. As I passed him he started to go faster forcing me to move even faster to get around him, and thats when I was hit with the gun. The cop walked into the middle of the road and pointed at me to pull into a parking lot…and well.

80 in a 50 zone (cop did not mark down at all)
$210

Expired tags (4 days expired)
$165

Failed to have new insurance papers (have not got in mail. im not giving excuses im just saying why i did not have my new papers)
$65

Total: $440 + 6 demerit points

Someone kill me now.

Meh… I once got a ticket for 180 in an 80… but that was when i was 16…

expired pink paper/invalid sticker

both dropped at first appearance, bring valid slip with overlap date of offense and receipt of sticker.

80 in a 50… kinda softcore…if you ask me

yea man ur good u bring ur insurance ticket to befor court date thign and the’ll knock it off. plates ur prolly fooked and as for the speeding u can get a 15 over witch is 40$ no demerits if u plead guilty to a lesser fine. Go to court don’t be stupid and pay them…

thats nothing if you ask me

my first was 100 in a school zone - not marked down

in my defence, it was like 2 am, so there were no kiddies

wow i thought i was f’ed so i should go to court and do the ‘guilty with a reason’ thing?

traffic cops are a waste of my tax money.

“wow i thought i was f’ed so i should go to court and do the ‘guilty with a reason’ thing?”

Dude read what everyone is saying at the most you will have a ticket for the speeding with no points. The other two will get waived but bring them to the justice of the peace.

No points is way better then 6.

OPTION 3

how does that equal 6 points?

congrats on popping your cherry!

peace

why did you get 6 demerit points?
no insureance papers bring in new one ticket reduced to 52.50
i wen 92 in school zone i got a 472$$$$ ticket and 4 demerit points
and expired tags you just have to get new ones and your ticket gets ripped up

you got played son take it to the jp

buddy of mine raced a an unmarked in his ef down the 401… He was really winning too till the cop thew his lights on just as he was hitting 230… lost his licence for a month

another friend got pulled over doing 185 on 401… cop told him " I remember being your age, but try and keep the speed down " thats it and let him go

dammn everyone seems to have got off easy… i got 200km/h on the 407. i got 6 points $1500 paid xcoppers 750 to have them reduce it by 20km/h!

wow, that bites… 80 in a 50 isnt much… i got pulled over a month ago,

90 in a 50 (1:30 am) and no ticket, (i’m 17, G2) and they harassed me about the bald tires on the 4Runner i was driving (saying i was burning them and stuff obv since they are bald!)

but they said they didnt want to ruin my life since i have a job to go to and stuff (i didn’t plead to them or anything! ;))

ya my first speeding ticket was 103 over…so 163 in a posted 60 zone

you WERE burning them!

:smiley:

i got pulled doing 128 in a 80 the other week, reduced to 15 over, ~$50 and no points.

that cop is my favourite person in the world.

wow reading all the speeding…and people wonder why insurance is so stereotypical towards young drivers?

take it to court 1ns u go there there gonna drop the expired tag 1n and insurance 1 most likely and the other ticket will be reduced and ull end up paying like 50 bucks

yeah i havent gotten off to easy, ive had off duty cops screaming & swearing and trying to call my parents, and a ticker for 170km/h in a 90 and paid xpolice $400 to reduce it 15km/h and still have to pay $800 for the ticket. not sure how many points. i got a careless too from a cop just randomly driving by and seeing my car in a snowbank 2nd day i had my car on my road, he made some assumptions and wrote me up a nice careless for my insurance to see but i fought it down to a “turn not in signal”??..my last one tho the cop let me off cuz he saw my record so he just gave me a ticket for an invalid placement of my sticker cuz i had a frame around the plate that covered the corners.