Got pulled over again...

96 in a 70 :o

Got away with 0 points, $52 fine and dropped to 85.

Going to just pay it and be done with. Apparently the popos were out in
full patrol down those few roads near my work (Hwy 50 and Mayfield area)

Bummer…

Were you cruising at that speed or did you just punch it for a sec and get caught?

Turned onto the road and accelerated. So I jsut reached that speed.

Wasn’t even crusing at that speed.

Got lucky. I already have a $277 ticket (4pts) to fight off on the 24th of June. :noes:

you should fight it… if you paid it… it’ll go on your insurance record for 3-4 years

I was under the impression that if you arent loseing any points then it doesnt affect your insurance.

Then you were giving the inscos waaaaay more credit than they deserve. If you shit on a turtle it raises your insurance. Sometimes you don’t even have to do anything and they raise it :smiley: I’m 100% sure that they jack it up for 0 points, my dad got a ticket for 20 over reduced to 5 over ($20 fine, 0 points) and his insurance still went up.

Does that mean your car is running now? I haven’t checked back that thread yet.

Sorry to hear about the ticket. 0 points is better than any points. Also insco can only keep data for 3 years. It’s 1 year longer than the popo keep data.

Yeah, your insurance will still go up even if you don’t get points, a buddy of mine has like seven 15 over tickets from last year (most were reduced) and he can’t get insured anymore even though he didn’t actually lose any points.

I’ve also heard your insurance goes up with not at fault claims and vandalism… not sure about it though.

G you gotta slow down man, street racing is a no no.

Honestly though, I’ve noticed a huge increase in police activity lately, pulling people over etc.

I even had a cruiser stop by my work in the middle of the day and write down my license plate number…

Fight the ticket, noob.

It doesn’t matter that you didn’t lose any points your insurance will still go up, fight it.

So I guess getting the points would make the insurance go up more? Or is a ticket a ticket?

Insurance Co - 0-49km/h over = Minor offense, 50+km/h over = Major offense. They don’t mention “points”.

I dunno about vandalism, but I can testify on not at fault claims. It goes up, and how! I would assume it’d be the same for vandalism, because they have this criminal idea, that the money you pay them a month, that’s free, that’s your GIFT to them, so if you ever make a claim, they have to “make their money back” That’s why they have record breaking profits that no other industry can ever dream of having. And it’s all b/c Ontario is the shit-est place in the world to drive a car in.

You should go on that W5 or Consumer Alert or whatever and represent! I’m actually being serious…or someone here…I still find people who are surprised by how ripped we are getting (young adults/sports cars esp.)

Wow, lotsa discussion.

I was under the impression that it does not affect insurance because there
are no points involved. :dunno:

I had a $330 ticket (0 points) from a few years back and it didn’t affect
insurance. :dunno:

Then again I don’t pay much attention to our insurance transactions since
my dad just handles it and asks us for $ if he needs it. :rofl:

The cop told me that if I fight it, that she will use the 96km/h against me
in court. If I just pay it, then it’s just the 15 over.

Oh and I was driving my dad’s Contour (240 still in garage). I’m not
going to fight it because I don’t want the embarassment from work
of telling them that I have 2 tickets to fight. :oops:

I don’t speed anymore; I just happened to acclerate a little too much.

Try 6 years. Call and ask.

Sorry to hear that Gonad, but yuo should go and fight it either way.
Nothing to loose, worse case scenario, you delay the conviction 6-8 months.

She’s lying outta her ass, if she dares do that, it only weakens her argument and you can get away clean. Ask for disclosure though, cause if it’s not in her notes, then she can’t even say it.

I agree. Could mean the difference between your insurance rates increasing this year or next year (depending on when you have to renew)

I’ve done a ton of research regarding insurance guys:

Speeding can affect your insurance, regardless of points.

At-fault claims are not supposed to affect your insurance at all, however if you continually make claims they will raise your rates because they will up the ‘danger’ rating of where you live.

Speeding infractions cost you 1 insurance point (unless you are REALLY flying heh) and at-fault collisions cost you 2 points. Of course you will also get points for other moving violations or for example if you get a dangerous driving ticket related to an at-fault collision. Split fault collisions will cost you 1 or 2 points depending on the situation.

If you hit 4 points most major insurance companies will not insure you and you will have to go with a ‘high risk’ insurer … I won’t even tell you what that will cost you.

Insurance companies are allowed to look at your driving record the same way you are. Speeding (and some other) infractions are stored for 3 years, and collisions are stored for 6. You can order driver abstract records from the MTO, these are what the insurance companies will look at when deciding your rates.

When you get a ticket the police are supposed to notify the insurance company so they can adjust your rates. It is possible Gonad that the police failed to do that properly when you got your first ticket. Or your company ‘forgave’ you for the minor ticket because you have been with them a while or something … they will remember that first ticket if another one shows up though I bet. A common trick is to switch insurance companies when you get a ticket, so the police inform the wrong insurance company, and the new company will not see the new ticket on the driver’s abstract because it is too recent.

As for stuff like this … the police use intimidation because poor schmucks like us do not know better. That’s why it’s a good idea to fine someone help you fight it!

PS in case I didn’t make it clear … fight it.
www.magma.ca/~fyst/
I have a mirror of that if the server overloads

You meant not (0%) at-fault right?