spindle welding

can anyone recommend someone/a company who can weld cast (or something similar) iron? I have some knuckles that are going to need to be cut and rewelded back together and I dont quite have the experience needed to make sure that it is a sound and strong weld.

i need to cut the steering arms off of some knuckles and have them rewelded back on at a different position to correct some ackerman geometry issues with a project. they may have to be reheat treated as well.

no rush… doesnt have to be done for a while. (ie next year sometime)

thanks

Brian

idk mabe 4x4jimmy ask him

I would NOT recommend welding iron knuckes… especially in a high stress location like the steering arm. They will likely fail. Correct the geometry by building a adapter of sorts

^^^^ listen to him. hes right. i can weld them for you, but they will fail, and you would have wasted your money and my time. lol, b glwt.:redface:

ok cool. ill do the adapter route. a guy i know thats doing the same thing as me made some adapters and bolted them to the knuckle and it is working really well for him. ill have to see if i can fab up something similar.

i do know one guy that had his welded and heat treated and they are fine but he has them inspected/magnafluxed every season. i guess i dont want to deal with that hassle.

thanks for the input.

Brian