Start Up Idle & Stalling Issue

Hello,

I got the same problem as you I think.Only, mine happens when it’s really hot and humid. I live in Montreal, so temp is a bit different than in TO because it can get really really humid in here. Anyways, my car Nissan SE 2001, stalled one day when it was really really hot and humid. I was at a red light, i had my AC to the max and also my radio was at the max. So when i was about to turn left to pass the red light, the car just died on me. Good thing had a freind with me, and he pushed the car in a parking lot. Waited about 45min for a tow truck, but before hit arrived, started the car, and it started…Just to let you know, no warnig either, just stalled there.

Went to see a mechanic the next day, he told me that maybe alternator was the prob as it was overcharging. Normal reading should be around 12.4V on that thing, mine was at 15v… So had that thing changed. Oh yeah, i also had nissan rewired the honk at some point and that was one of the source of the overcharging my mechanic told me…

One day i saw one of my neighbor, with a sentra 2002 gxe. It was so clean inside though he still took out his vaccuum and started to clean his car. So i said to myself, maybe that guy really takes car of his car well. So went to ask him if he ever had any serious problems… So he told me exactly same symptoms as i had. Problem with horn, overcharged alternator, and finally car stalls when it is really hot… BUT the thing is he had the fix for it. It is an electronic problem. It’s basically a cut wire. Now you might spend lots of time to look for that wire but i can tell you approx where it is.

If you need more help or more detail, i can take the pic for you.